“Tranquility for the Soul and Energy for the Body”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
St. Augustine, Florida
“Tranquility for the Soul and Energy for the Body”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Thoreau espoused the peacefulness of nature and finding renewal for the mind in the woods. If that is your cup of tea, this is the perfect place for you. Located in rural Tennessee about 2 hours south of Nashville the TFS (Tenn Fitness Spa) offers a comfortable, rustic retreat with all the needed amenities. Food is prepared to offer healthy, tasty nourishment and served by a friendly staff, many of whom have worked here for many years. This helps shed the unwanted pounds. There is a full gym, floor exercise classes provided by very, energetic instructors, an Olympic sized pool for swimming or water exercise, a jacuzzi (my favorite), and miles of hills and trails for aerobic fitness and an escape from electronics. I've been at TFS at least once every year over the past five and plan to go again. It is absolutely my favorite place to re-energize and get away from everything. Thanks TFS

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan P
TennesseeFitnessSpa, General Manager at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2016

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My stay was in March of 2014. I have also stayed in October of a previous year. I go there to concentrate on doing good things for myself in regard to diet, exercise, stress reduction and pampering. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there and always learn new things. Food is great and the variety of exercise classes is perfect for all levels of activity. Very nice pool. All of the staff are so friendly and helpful. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Quiltr53

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had a two week stay at The Tennessee Fitness Spa in early March 2014 to rehab my knees following double knee replace- ment last year. Due to limited activity following surgery, I had gained 25 pounds. TFS was the perfect place to work on losing weight and improving my ability to use my knees. During my two week stay, I was able to loss 9 pounds and increase my level of activity. I started hiking again, did a tremendous amount of water activities to stretch the muscles around my knee and began spinning again. The trip was highly productive and I returned home pretty much pain free.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank TravelForFitness

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Tennessee Fitness Spa is located in a rural peaceful setting where you can take a break from the hectic pace of life and renew your commitment to yourself. The focus is on fitness with plenty of classes for all levels of abilities, and also on good, clean eating with meals cooked to please but to ensure a lower calorie limit. The cabins are not fancy and the setting is rural; however, the feeling of renewal will be yours to experience. There are massages and beauty treatments from which to choose. You can take as many classes as you wish and focus on making the most of your time to slim down. Or you can have a slower pace and focus on relaxation - the choice is yours. You can also visit cooking classes and lectures and learn to eat healthy. This is not a fancy place but that is the beauty of it. Feel free to be yourself and be good to yourself. This is a relaxing, happy place with the best staff members around! Recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pettite

mt. juliet
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent the week on April 6-13, 2014 at TFS. It was wonderful and relaxing. The staff is so helpful and caring. I left refreshed and relaxed and missing 16 inches of fat off my body. I also received the information on how to continue gettinh stronger and smaller at home. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 615gina

La Follette, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I enjoyed my visit to Tennessee Fitness Spa. It is a very affordable place to reset my fitness goals. The food is very good. Great options of classes and activities.The location is just beautiful, so calm and peaceful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie37766

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just returned from one of my best getaways. I love this place. Their staff are so energetic and friendly. Enjoyed all the fitness classes. There's such a variety of ab classes, weight training, and even cardio that I never got bored. But when I saw there was a class incorporating gardening, I was elated. Learned so much from the aqua classes that I can take home and do myself. My daughter even enjoyed all the exercises and activities, she wants to return, too. Brought our dog who stayed in the cabin with lots of outside area to run around. Met so many interesting and very friendly guests. I call it the adult camp! Even evening activities are available if you are interested. I'm already planning my next trip.

Room Tip: The cabins are further away and you need to drive down the hill to the main areas, but the space was...