“Wow, best kept secret in Tennessee”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Wow, best kept secret in Tennessee”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Did a 3 day visit and wish I had booked longer. If you are looking for a place to escape from our super connected world this is the place. Whether you want to lose weight, tweak your fitness level or decrease your level of stress you can do any and all here.
The food was tasty with a nice variety. They catering to all dietary needs (i.e. gluten free, vegan etc.)
60 foot indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, huge gym with every piece of equipment you can think of.
Well trained, inspiring instructors and a multitude of classes to choose from like Body Pump, Pilates.
I will be going back this fall!

Room Tip: You really won't need a TV so don't spring for the extra.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Michelle Z
TennesseeFitnessSpa, General Manager at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2016

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Culleoka, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you want to get fitter, leaner, stronger in an unpretentious yet inspiring setting, visit here!
The natural beauty here is over the top; the accommodations are plain and very very clean, the food is delicious and nutritious; the exercise facilities are top notch; the coaches are encouraging and knowledgeable. Most who attended when I was there were returnees who have met and kept their fitness goals; several were like me determined to get back in shape. There is room for all.
You are not tempted to hide in your room since activity is so inviting and internet access is in the surround for the dining room and tv lounge. Several returnees were there for the 15th time!
Very reasonable rates and specials this month!

Room Tip: Depends on your goals,-- "apartments" are super close to pool, racket ball, gyms, hot tub...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lee D

Katy, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just got back yesterday from a 4 weeks stay at Tennessee Fitness Spa. I lost a total of 16 pounds during my stay and feel much better now!!!

I have been going to the spa for a few years now and I love that all the staff always remembers me, as they do all the guest.

Everything (the rooms, gym, locker rooms, tv rooms, dining rooms, etc. (is always so clean, which I LOVE and appreciate!!!

The food was amazing! I think my favorites were the Tilapia dishes and any of the pork chop dishes. Yummm! Oh yea and the desserts were great too, especially the infamous PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!!! Obviously I have purchased the cook books and continue to do so whenever new suppliments come out.

My favorite activities were the speed bag and walking in the woods. Oh, the Natural Bridge was amazing as a usual.

There are so many classes to choose from (Tabata, aqua aerobics, group walks, circuit, pilates, weights, hula hooping, boxing, outdoor interval training...the list goes on and on) which is very nice. I love all the instructors!

I plan on going back in the fall to see the fall colors and knock out some more pounds!!!!

I love this place! I wish I lived closer so I could go more often!!!

Room Tip: I usually stay in my RV, but I love the highest rooms because they have the nicest views, however th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Saszzzone

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Thoreau espoused the peacefulness of nature and finding renewal for the mind in the woods. If that is your cup of tea, this is the perfect place for you. Located in rural Tennessee about 2 hours south of Nashville the TFS (Tenn Fitness Spa) offers a comfortable, rustic retreat with all the needed amenities. Food is prepared to offer healthy, tasty nourishment and served by a friendly staff, many of whom have worked here for many years. This helps shed the unwanted pounds. There is a full gym, floor exercise classes provided by very, energetic instructors, an Olympic sized pool for swimming or water exercise, a jacuzzi (my favorite), and miles of hills and trails for aerobic fitness and an escape from electronics. I've been at TFS at least once every year over the past five and plan to go again. It is absolutely my favorite place to re-energize and get away from everything. Thanks TFS

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan P

Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My stay was in March of 2014. I have also stayed in October of a previous year. I go there to concentrate on doing good things for myself in regard to diet, exercise, stress reduction and pampering. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there and always learn new things. Food is great and the variety of exercise classes is perfect for all levels of activity. Very nice pool. All of the staff are so friendly and helpful. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Quiltr53

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had a two week stay at The Tennessee Fitness Spa in early March 2014 to rehab my knees following double knee replace- ment last year. Due to limited activity following surgery, I had gained 25 pounds. TFS was the perfect place to work on losing weight and improving my ability to use my knees. During my two week stay, I was able to loss 9 pounds and increase my level of activity. I started hiking again, did a tremendous amount of water activities to stretch the muscles around my knee and began spinning again. The trip was highly productive and I returned home pretty much pain free.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank TravelForFitness

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Tennessee Fitness Spa is located in a rural peaceful setting where you can take a break from the hectic pace of life and renew your commitment to yourself. The focus is on fitness with plenty of classes for all levels of abilities, and also on good, clean eating with meals cooked to please but to ensure a lower calorie limit. The cabins are not fancy and the setting is rural; however, the feeling of renewal will be yours to experience. There are massages and beauty treatments from which to choose. You can take as many classes as you wish and focus on making the most of your time to slim down. Or you can have a slower pace and focus on relaxation - the choice is yours. You can also visit cooking classes and lectures and learn to eat healthy. This is not a fancy place but that is the beauty of it. Feel free to be yourself and be good to yourself. This is a relaxing, happy place with the best staff members around! Recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pettite

Tennessee Fitness Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hurricane Inn
Bear Inn
Bear Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton
Hohenwald/Natchez Trace KOA

Been to Tennessee Fitness Spa? Share your experiences!