“Hard to Believe”

Dining options: Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hard to Believe”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've been driving by this place eagerly awaiting the opening.What really piqued my interest was under the name were the words:French Cuisine.Really?Here in Whites Creek,my stomping grounds?Well,last night I found out for myself.The answer is,yes,really.Let's just say that is a surprise because this isn't exactly the cultural center of the universe.I love it out here and people are starting to find out about the area.Cafe Fontanella is out here as is Beaman Park.It seems like a long way out but it is ten miles from my house to downtown and maybe another two from Chelsea.Closer than Bellevue is to town.Okay,I had a petite steak aux frites.Very good.$15.Cooked exactly as specified.I had a house cab.$6.They have duck confit,bouillabaisse,ratatouille,go check the website.All $20 and under.The bartender,Josh, was one owner.He was very friendly and optimistic.It was the end of the night so the host came over and sat at the bar with me.John was his name and he was Josh's father Also a genuine and friendly guy.The lady working the floor was Josh's Mom.A true family business.If I had to pick a nit it would be the time it took to get the meal out.A little long but they are new.Not a big deal.Man,I wish them luck.I really hope they succeed so I can continue driving up the hill for some great food.Bon chance,mes amis!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jackman1111

Gallatin, Tennessee, USA
“Fine French on the Ridgetop”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This bistro, which has not had it Grand Opening as of this date, but which is accepting walk-ins, is a much needed addition to this beautiful, but underserved area, north of Nashville.

We had a true sampling of the menu, onion soup, mussells and escargot to start, prawn and salmon for the main and dessert; including one of the best creme brule we have ever tasted.

The atmosphere is bistro minimalist and the staff welcoming.

We plan to return soon and often, to taste the rest of the menu.

• Visited August 2013