“Hidden delicious find”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This French bistro has the real feel of a café in France. The mussels are to die for;in a rich cream based sauce. Don't pass on the bread and 3 butters. Best to take a GPS to find her.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I hate to be negative, when everybody else is gushing, but we weren't all that blown away, unfortunately. The appetizers were the best part of the meal. The carmelized onion and goat cheese tarte melted in your mouth, and the little drizzle of balsalmic on the accompanying greens was perfection in the light touch. The steak tartare was inhaled by my husband, so I took that as high praise. The frites that came with his duck confit were light and perfectly seasoned, but the duck was boring and somewhat dry. How can you be out of beef bourguignon at a French restaurant at 7 pm??? My second choice was the meat and potatoes, and I was really looking forward to the "potato pancakes", but somehow they tasted very "sour". I tried them alone and with bites of the beef (which was too salty), but the sourness persisted. The cappucino at the end of the meal came fresh from the bar, but was barely lukewarm - a sad ending to a highly anticipated evening. We may go back to try the burgers and sandwiches, and have lower expectations...

2  Thank stork90
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I heard about this french bistro in whites creek. i finally tried it and i was amazed. great food, great service and great drinks in whites creek. i started with a warm salad of garbanzo beans, brussell sprouts, turnips, lemon and onion. it sounds weird but was amazing. we both loved our entrées and the charcuterie appetizer. i heard all the tables around me rave about their meals also. if you are in whites creek, joelton, springfield, coopertown, ashland city, pleasant view and nashville you need to try this place.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I went here for my birthday dinner. It was fabulous.
I had a "Mad" Moiselle cocktail, onion soup, Duck Confit and Crème Brulee. My friend had a beet and goat cheese salad, a Roasted Amish Half Chicken and for dessert: pear and almond galette with salted caramel and Chantilly cream.
Everything was excellent, our waiter was very familiar with the wines; he paired my duck with “Rocher” a blend of Cabernet, Malbec, and Merlot. The chicken was paired with a Chardonnay; both wines worked quite well with our entrees.
What we liked the best is that all their food is locally sourced (except for the wines which are French). They grow many of their own vegetables out back. The chicken and beef is all from northern Tennessee or Southern Kentucky. Their trout is farmed right there in Whites Creek. The pears came from a local orchard.
Yes, it is expensive, but well worth it.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great dinning experience with a group of friends. The location was great, no problems with parking. From walking in the restaurant, the bar and dinner great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent, specialty drinks were great.