“Surprising find”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballinger
Ft. Worth
“Surprising find”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I admit I was a little leery of a motel that had only one review, and that one review was glowing. Well, this place is a pleasant find here on the plains of West Texas.

I called the night before my stay since there is no online booking, the fellow on the phone was pleasant and needed just my name for the reservation.

Upon arrival I was surprised to get an actual key for my room. Like Richard Gere said in Pretty Woman "I miss keys". The first thing I noticed in the room was there was no smoke or mildew smell. Wow, the king sized bed was a Sleep Number bed never slept on one before, so this was a treat! The sink, toilet and shower were new and spotless. The carpet was new and was clean as it did not mess my socks up.

Some slight cons, no deadbolt on the door and the walls could use painting. Small things as a room invasion in Ballinger seems unlikely and the rooms seem to be a renovation in progress.

The usual amenities plus a 27" flat screen on the wall with decent channel selection, a mini frig, small microwave, and coffee maker. No breakfast but there are places to eat nearby.

I would stay here again,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hondo_Ft_Worth
Sunny P, Manager at Ballinger Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank You for taking your time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!! We are definitely working our way to improve all the rooms. We hope to see you soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is an old motel that is in the process of being refurbished. New carpet and the MOST comfortable beds! The rooms was plain, but clean. Coffee pot and refrig. The hosts were amazingly and eagerly helpful! We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank panhandleprecious
Sunny P, General Manager at Ballinger Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Thanks for the comments!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! See you soon.

Been to Ballinger Inn? Share your experiences!