“Great, Beyond my expectations. Would definitely stay again.”
Review of El Oso Flojo Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balmorhea
El Oso Flojo Lodge
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was taking my family on a West Texas vacation. Balmoreah State Park was full. Having been through Balmorhea several did not want to commit on the internet reservations. What a pleasant surprise when I saw the rooms here. Definitely worth the stay. Rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable.
VERY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank RicochetTim

Reviewed 5 May 2011

I don't know much about this area but my fire crew and I were in west Texas for the Rock House Fire. I didn't expect much and was basically looking for a place to relax but this hotel blew me away. Nice rooms with Wi-fi, nice decor, friendly folks and a restaurant with beer right next door. The staff was very accommodating and if I'm ever in this area again this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Rockhouse678
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We were absolutely floored by the quality and value to be had at the El Oso Flojo. To be honest, we had pretty low expectations going in having driven by a number of pretty skeezy looking motels catering to the tourist crowd in West Texas. The rooms were clean, all the furniture was high quality (i.e., not hotel-grade junk), the staff was friendly and helpful. Each room has a different decor. The website says that the Internet access is coming soon, but it was installed when we got there and was pretty fast. We'd only made a reservation for one night but after seeing how nice it was we canceled the rest of our reservations and extended out two more nights.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Runes01
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Recently stayed at the Oso Flojo and was honestly surprised at how nice the rooms were..... When I arrived to Balmorhea which is a very small town (population 527) it looked almost like a ghost town. As I drove down the main street I dreaded the worst and expected the hotel to be old, dirty and worned out but was utterly surprised with our room. It was very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Stayed there for 2 nights and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The restaurant next door is really good too and conveniently located within a 2 minute walk.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank turichilipali
Reviewed 15 August 2010

After a long day of swimming we came back and relaxed in the room. There were some various bugs but it didn't bother me much (grasshoppers, crickets, and small ones)...most were outside (the courtyard was crawling and infested). That night after I tucked my children in I was laying there and felt something on my hand...I waived it off thinking mosquito. Then, I felt something in my shirt. I took it off and shook it, and heard a thump. I turned on the light to see what it was and sure enough, roach! It scampered but I looked back at my pillow...and surprise...another roach right by where my head was. As I gathered up our stuff several more crawled out and scampered once they hit the light. So, I go to the office and ring someone...this is about midnight. There son comes over with 3 other unkempt kids and I tell him my experience and that I want my money back (I paid cash). He had me call his father, tell him my story and then the mother. We battled for about 30 minutes until I could no longer stand her rude behavior and remarks towards my intelligence. They were horrible to me, after I'd had a roach DOWN my shirt, had to wake up my children and break their hearts with the news that we'd have to come home...in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. They never did give me my money back. I would NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank Annoyed56287
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Very nice feel to it. Lush style rooms. More fun than the normal motels my wife and I have been staying at. Beautiful ranch feel to it, nice courtyard. Needs minifridge. Stayed for 80 bucks.

1  Thank gmy2
Reviewed 13 June 2010

This is a small boutique-level hotel out in West Texas, and was much better than we expected. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the showers are HUGE walk-ins with detailed tile work. The price is a little higher than other area hotels, but it is very much worth it if you are looking for a good night of rest. We had the same experience as the other reviewers regarding the informal nature of the front office, it takes some getting used to but it does work out well once you know what to expect.

This makes a great staging-point if you are planning to visit Balmorhea State Park, or are just looking for a place to sleep well for the night. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Been to El Oso Flojo Lodge? Share your experiences!