“Quaint Atmosphere”
Review of Eleven Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Balmorhea
Eleven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balmorhea
Midlothian TX
“Quaint Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The 5 star rating for this hotel is based on the fact that the owners work very hard to keep it clean and bend over backwards to make your stay comfortable. The town caters to scuba divers and hunters. This hotel has a throw back atmosphere but offers all you need for one of these types of trips. The courtyard has a couple of grills and picnic tables and remember to bring your firewood for the fire pit. Each room has it's own unique décor with the basics plus a small frig and microwave. The beds are comfortable too. Just think original shabby chic / rustic and plan to just relax. Leave the high heels at home.....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank got2travel45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We found this place by coincidence on our way home from New Mexico. It is very clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is interesting with a good Mexican restaurant and live music next door. I would stay again.

--------------------------

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank admptmn
florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little motel in a really interesting tiny town right off of interstate 10. The woman at the desk was really helpful and kind to us when we came in at midnight. It's an old place, but nicely furnished and clean. The bed was pretty creaky but I slept very well - and woke up to lots of birdsong! I would stay here again if I ever find myself making the long drive through western Texas again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Based on glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, we spent the night at Balmorhea, Texas's 11 Inn on the way home to south Mississippi from southeast Arizona. Sorry, but I can't concur with the rave reviews. Okay, yes, it was clean, the innkeeper was friendly and helpful, and we slept comfortably. BUT ... jeez, I hate to dwell on negatives ... but here goes: no hangers for clothes; no iron and ironing board; old and shabby furniture; TINY bathroom (but yes, it was nice and clean.) To sum up, I'm accustomed to paying less for more (in more populated areas, granted.) My recommendation: If you have to spend the night in the vast wasteland known as West Texas, this is probably about the best you're going to find. But try to make it to El Paso if you're westbound, Kerrville if eastbound.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Eleven Inn for 6 nights while on a dive trip, we had a total of 3 rooms and 6 people. The hotel is older but the owners are doing a lot of work to renovate the place. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were high quality. The gas heaters kept the rooms toasty warm, the showers were hot, there was good water pressure in the shower, and hot coffee in the office every morning at 6am. The owners were some of the nicest, friendliest people I have met, they really made the stay enjoyable. I will stay at the Eleven Inn every time I am in Balmorhea, there are many great day hikes not far from here. This place has a nice charm and I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, the room was very large.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great little old hotel. Definitely shows age but was well kept and the staff was extremely nice. Nice room with two comfy beds and a small bathroom with a shower. Close to the spring, great for divers or just people stopping into town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jkyleo
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I could write a short story about my stay here, but I'll try to summarize. I'd stayed here before on a trip to Mexico, but this time I booked ahead. About 15 minutes out, I hit a deer on my motorcycle. It's a miracle I am alive! The deer smashed the headlights and the air cleaner. So, I call Dave, the owner, and ask him to send a tow truck.

I ended up staying there a week, waiting for my ankle sprain to heel up and for my parts to arrive. Fixed the bike and continued my journey.

I wish I could have stayed an extra week. The hotel is so charming! Dave and his wife are wonderful hosts. Everyone in town is really nice. This is a town where they don't lock their doors and leave car keys in the ignition.

Room Tip: Call ahead. This place is a favorite among oil workers, hunters, and fishermen.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Marcos_SMA

Been to Eleven Inn? Share your experiences!