All reviews state park fire pit west texas fort davis tourist court every morning worked great other guests beds were comfortable would stay again free wifi air conditioner van horn el paso motel microwave ritz
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We had a good stay. Not a new or fancy place, but the room was clean (if a little rough around the edges), had a comfortable bed, and was quiet for sleeping.
Good stay for the price - would stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were excited after reading previous reviews on here about staying at the Eleven Inn and extended our day of driving in order to be able to enjoy what we anticipated being a quaint vintage room. This review is for room 8 only as that was where we stayed. Perhaps other rooms are better but this was our experience.

We arrived around 9:15 and paid $74 including tax for a One queen bed room which didn’t include breakfast. Two full beds are $92 and 2 queens are $119. We had a nice conversation with the owner about his living in Mexico City and running the Eleven Inn. We enjoyed our visit and as others mentioned he is a great guy.

He had turned the heater on for us in our room which was appreciated. When we entered the room there was a foul odor which appeared to be septic or sewer related. Since it was late and we assumed we had gotten the last available room we decided to plug our noses and go to bed.

I opened the fridge to put in food from our ice chest and the freezer section was in need of defrosting so my ice bags and frozen items wouldn’t fit in the freezer. When I entered the bathroom I was surprised to see paint and texture peeling off the ceiling and walls all around the bathroom. I sat on the bed and the light on the night stand came on. Got up and it went off. Hubby checked the outlet which was hanging out of the wall and attempted to push it back in. Once he did the light didn’t come on when we sat on the bed or at all.

There was no headboard on the bed and the wall behind was very dark with paint rubbed off. TV was very small but worked fine once we got the Dish TV control box plugged back in and operating.

The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The Inn hosts primarily workers who service the oil industry so there was early morning noise but it was short lived and we were back to sleep in no time.

When it was time to take a shower I noticed mold and soap scum staining the shower walls and grout. The shower was comfortable with good water pressure but the drain wasn’t draining properly so we both stood in a few inches of water during our showers.

Some furniture has paint splotches on it and not in a shabby chic sort of way. Also upon closer scrutiny of the bathroom there was wall paint misplaced on the trim and corners lacking being finished with paint.

I let the wife know about the shower not draining, fridge freezer needing a defrost and the odor in the room. She said that she would unplug the fridge and let it defrost, tell her husband about the shower drain since she doesn’t run it long enough during cleaning to see the drainage issue and shrugged her shoulders about the odor and said sorry about the issues.

The outside was quaint and perhaps other rooms are in better condition but I would not have booked this place had I known what was in store for us in room 8.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bill C
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I loved my stay here at the Eleven Inn. Our bed was brand new, everything was clean and well appointed at such a bargain price! Not FANCY, don't get me wrong but very nice, especially for the price!! The owners were so nice and recommended restaurants and places to go look at the starry sky. Being able to park almost right in front of our room made loading and unloading easy!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

When I made the reservation I made a mistake and gave the wrong date but right day. The owner was extremely accommodating in getting a room ready for us when we arrived, a night before expected. It had been raining for several days so the parking lot was flooded but we were allowed to park near the office. This is a family run, laid back, older motel, in a remote small town, a nice change from big city chain hotels. Mr. Smith is a wealth of knowledge. He told us where everything was & helped to make sure we had all we needed. The rooms are clean & quaint, motel was occupied by friendly oil workers. Unfortunately the State Park was closed and due to the rain we couldn't cookout or have a fire but we made the best of it. Jo's a small barn that serves as a restaurant across the street had awesome brisket tacos and cold Lone Star Beer!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goodeye2
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night en-route to Terlingua. The owners are kind and took trouble to explain about the area, where to eat etc.

Lovingly maintained this historic Motel retains great character. My room was huge with a great bathroom.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo