“Great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Twin Elm Guest Ranch
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Bandera trail race brought me to the area. Twin Elm Guest Ranch was one of the few lodges that did not require a minimum two night stay and also offered a half off discount at the time. Friendly people and warm hospitality. Would recommend to anyone. Only downfall was that the cabin didn't have a microwave. There is also a trail that runs along the river which made for a great walk.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My boyfriend and I came to Bandera towards the end of our road trip through the US and we intended to stay just one day to fit our schedule. After a day at the Twin Elm Ranch, we rescheduled and stayed three days!

First thing that struck us was the informal, yet perfect, hospitality. We found Twin Elm by chance and did not book in advance - yet we were cordially greeted by Jake and his dog who took us on his quad, handed us a beer and drove to the campsite ground (a lovely field on the banks of the river) where we could pitch our tent. Jake went out of his way to make us feel comfortable: unsolicited, seeing that we forgot to get some at the shops, he brought us bottled water, showed around and gave great tips on where to go out in Bandera.

The next day I rode at the ranch - its suitable for any level of horsemanship and the grounds are lovely. They also have a small rodeo ground where I was shown how to ride 'eights' - it was a perfect treat at the end of a perfect ride. We spent the rest of the day lounging at the swimming pool, helping wranglers with the horses and playing table-tennis and pool in the ranch's well equipped games room.

Best of all, however, was the evening when a huge bonfire was lit and we set with Jake and three other guests sharing stories, drinking beer and eating toasted marsh-mellows. The wranglers were teaching us to rope and I dare say they did not fail in his endeavor entirely! It was an unforgettable evening, after a perfect day - a quintessential Texas experience: outdoorsy, friendly, simple yet comfortable, very unique yet ticking all the boxes of a ranch experience! I thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting the region or looking for a great holiday option.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Berenique S
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 November 2011

WOW what a place. The staff was terrific.anything you need just ask. Can't wait to go for the rodeo.The food and all the fun stuff to do.. Don't miss this ranch or the city.. i will be back with my grandchildren. They are great with special needs children. OH and my gosh the deer are everywhere.

Room Tip: any room such a beautiful place well run
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
devon
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Travelled here after reading a review in Lonely Planet. I was the only all-inclusive guest for a few days, and enjoyed the open hospitality and generosity of the hosts on the ranch. It was quite a casual arrangement, but I was able to ride twice a day and enjoy relaxing between rides. Sadly I wasn't there to see a rodeo, but did enjoy a campfire under the stars, and a hayride out to see the wild beasts. Had an amazing time, and didn't want to leave!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I took 35 of my students to the ranch and it was great! The staff was very accommodating and my students loved all of the activities. Some of the rooms had a few maintenance issues but the staff addressed this quickly. We loved the rodeo and barbecue. We really appreciate the fact that they were willing to work out a special schedule for us!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Screamindiva
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This was a wonderful place to get the "Cowboy" feeling. We had a great time and met so many international people visiting as well. Cap and Victoria came through on every promise given on their web site. We were able to ride horses twice a day, campfires every night and on Friday they put on a Rodeo. It was so much fun. I would recommend them to everyone who wants the Cowboy experience, at any age.
Cindy
Edgerton, WI

1 Thank Cyn60
Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My husband and I took 4 of our grand kids - ages 9-13 - for fun at a Dude Ranch. And we found it! Horseback riding, roping, tubing, hayrides, campfires, swimming and rodeos. There was never a lack of things to do. A game room was there when you wanted to get out of the heat and play ping pong, pool, air hockey or watch a movie. The Cap'n and Victoria, the ranch's owners, made you feel right at home with their hospitality. Everyone there was pleasant and helpful.
A great place to show today's youth about some of the ideals of their past. Observing the hard working wranglers and learning the manners of saying "Yessir and yes ma'am" were lessons learned while having a great time. I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pleasanton
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Flying L Hill Country Resort
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Bandera Guest House with A Place To Stay
Medina Lake RV Campground
Medina Lake RV Campground
#1 of 2 in Lakehills

Been to Twin Elm Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!