“Bring your own towels, sheets, cleaning supplies and leave the kids at home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
The Lodge on San Julian Creek
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed in room #1 for four nights over the July 4th weekend. This was a family vacation. I would not recommend staying here for a number of reasons:

The manager sent me an email the day after I checked out complaining about a stain in the sink and bathtub. The stain was caused because the sink was stopped up when I arrived. I had removed a ball of hair and black slime from the stopper, but that did not help. The same day, he also sent another guest in our family an email complaining about a stain on a towel. He was asking both of us for advice on removing these stains.

The plug in the bathroom did not work, so I had to dry my hair in the bedroom where the plug was on the floor and not designed for the length of a hair dryer cord. There was only one very small mirror in the bathroom in a room designed for four guests.

The sheets on my bed were very scratchy and completely worn out. All the linens had an offensive odor and we were required to use the same towels during our entire four day stay.

There was no room service. We had to bag up our own trash and put it in front of the door, where it would sit all day before they finally picked it up. They were very particular about how the bags were tied up and let us know if we not meet their requirements.

On one occasion, our family was in the main room of the Lodge and the wife of the manager “corrected” one of the children in our family. Their attitude toward children would indicate that they prefer you leave your children at home. This is not a family friendly place!

In general. their attitude toward their guests is very unfriendly. For that reason, I did not complain about any of these problems during my visit. I will never stay at SJ Lodge again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank CarolVanpell

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our family wanted to make a weekend of the Texas Hill Country. We visited a few of the hill country towns and decided to stay in Bandera. We were excited when we saw how nice the lodge was. The disappointment soon followed as any little question or request seemed to be a serious inconvenience to a man named Randy. I also have a problem with a grown man talking down to my children. I believe in courtesy and respect and I teach good manners. Granted, they are kids and I understand how that can annoy people, but I should be the one to reprimand them, not a stranger raising his voice. They say "yes ma'am", "no ma'am" , "yes please" and so on. Besides that the Lodge is truly beautiful and and the atmosphere is very comforting.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank get0utside
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Friends told us we'd love Bandera, TX and it's honky tonk attitude. Boy, did we!! I couldn't find any Trip Advisor recommended hotels in the area. So, I searched the web and somehow lucked out. Flying A Ranch's Lodge on San Julian Creek is wonderful. There are 4 little cottages with 2 rooms per cottage set up in duplex style overlooking a creek & the ranch's 9,000 acres. The lodge is beautiful. The rooms are generous in size yet cozy. Everything was spotlessly clean. And the full breakfast of egg casserole, bacon and biscuits & gravy was outstanding. Oh, and did I mention, the people are so nice. I wish we could have stayed longer! The town is a gem too. The honky tonks are great: even one owned & operated by Clint Black's brother! The locals are so friendly! We ate at a great restaurant...think it was called the Brick House. Wonderful food. Don't miss Bandera and the Lodge on San Julian Creek!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple