“this is not smart business behavior.”
Review of Brick's River Cafe

Brick's River Cafe
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bandera
“this is not smart business behavior.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I've taken two groups (12+) to other restautants because I was unable to call ahead to discuss Brick's being able to acommodate us at their busy lunchtime. I called the phone number in the phone book, it said it was no longer in service. Called 411 to verify a good/working number, gave me the same number; "no longer in service." A couple of weeks later, I WENT to the restaurant to place a "to-go" order, because I couldn't call it in, I waited 20 mins. & began asking for my order. When I told the "wait-staff" about their phone issue, I was told they had told Mr. Brick about it several times but nothing was being done to solve the problem for their loyal "phone-in" customers. Good customer service is AS IMPORTANT as good food.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank herenwho

Cypress TX
“Wednesday Dinner”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is casual. Staff is friendly. Menu is diverse enough for a group and what we ate was very good. My cocoanut cream pie was delicious.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Good steak”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were staying on a nearby ranch for a week and wanted to have a meal outside of the ranch and visit Bandera.

A couple of the wranglers recommended Brick's so we chose on that basis and pleased that we did.

I had a rib-eye and my better half a chicken salad. Both were tasty and my steak was just how I wanted. The sides were generous and we left content.

I would add my recommendation following eating at Brick's.

• Visited December 2013
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Ok food, high priced.”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stopped by for some steak.. Just after Christmas . The meat itself was good but the portions were very small, consider the price of it. The cost would be understandable in a high class fine dining restaurant but not on a plain place like this. We will not be back.

Visited December 2013
“King Ranch Chicken Enchiladas!!! MMMMMM!!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

King Ranch Chicken Enchiladas!!! MMMMMM!!! They serve tea in mason jars and the food is amazing...although the sweet tea isn't quite sweet enough for my native Virginia-sweet-tea tastes, but that was easily fixed with some sugar packets!

• Visited December 2013