“Lunch in town - meh” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brick's River Cafe
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Lunch in town - meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were looking for a lunch spot where I could get a vegetarian or fish sandwich (I'm pescetarian). Bandera is NOT the town for pescetarians. :) But that's ok, I'm used to making due.

This place had a shrimp platter, so I thought I'd ask if they could make up a shrimp sandwich (shouldn't have been too hard).

"It's not on the menu." I was told.

But neither was the cheese sandwich I ordered! I also got some fried dill pickles (we were hungry).

First, let me say, GET THE FRIED DILL PICKLES!!! Man, were they good. The best thing I ate in Bandera that weekend.

The service was way slow (it was medium busy). And it took awhile to get the pickles to us. The sandwich came later, and was nothing to write home about. Just a regular grilled cheese like you'd make at home. For that, they charged $7. Plus (I think it was) $8 for the pickles. Huge cost for small lunch. I should have just stuck with the pickles and no sandwich!

Visited April 2014

Bandera, Texas
“Jordan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We go to Brick's River a lot. We have never had bad service. Because they cook from scratch, sometimes it is a little longer waiting for food. We recently went because someone said they had changed their menu. They did, but everything is still good.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jordan T
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Patio dining with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Large portions of everything. Not much in the way of "fresh" food, but when you're hungry, this place satisfies. Great view from the windows or patio. Staff are incredibly friendly, helpful, and accomodating.

Visited October 2013
Bandera
“this is not smart business behavior.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I've taken two groups (12+) to other restautants because I was unable to call ahead to discuss Brick's being able to acommodate us at their busy lunchtime. I called the phone number in the phone book, it said it was no longer in service. Called 411 to verify a good/working number, gave me the same number; "no longer in service." A couple of weeks later, I WENT to the restaurant to place a "to-go" order, because I couldn't call it in, I waited 20 mins. & began asking for my order. When I told the "wait-staff" about their phone issue, I was told they had told Mr. Brick about it several times but nothing was being done to solve the problem for their loyal "phone-in" customers. Good customer service is AS IMPORTANT as good food.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank herenwho
Cypress TX
“Wednesday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is casual. Staff is friendly. Menu is diverse enough for a group and what we ate was very good. My cocoanut cream pie was delicious.