We just returned from a March break family vacation in Texas. We spent 2 nights at the Mayan and wished we had more time. It was a very nice, hospitable family run location. The house we had was very nice: big, warm with the fire, clean, decorated in the cowboy theme but without seeming Disneyesq, i.e. it seemed authentic. Rooms come with a fridge and we had 2 bathrooms for us parents and 2 kids.
The people were all very nice, both staff (mainly family) and other visitors. It's a good place to relax, although they plan a variety of activities to keep you entertained in the late afternoon. The horse rides are fun, although you do have to go in single file at only a walking pace, but the scenery is nice. Each day has slightly different activities in the later PM, we had sit on the long horn steer one night, and then a showcase of animals another night which included a porcupine (that you can pet), snake, lizard, etc. There was also a session to teach you how to lasso. Beer and wine were on the house which was a nice bonus. Food was very good and they were pretty attentive to allergies (son is peant and my spouse is celica). I wouldn't say it's the best location for this but they are aware and accommodating. Cowboy breakfast was particularly good!
I rated this as a very good 'cause it take a LOT to make me give excellent, but this was prettymuch the best part of our trip which included San Antonio and Austin. If it wasn't so far away from Ottawa, Canada we'd likely return. (met a British couple who have beenc oming for 15 years). No disappointments whatsoever from us!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Horsepitality" is the foundation of the Mayan Ranch which is located in Bandera, Texas, 48 miles NW of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country. Come experience our superb food, great accommodations, enthusiastic staff, horseback riding over picturesque trails, and swimming in our Texas-sized pool. Learn how to spin a rope, crack a whip and pitch shoes. Or, just sit back and enjoy a wagon ride around the ranch property to see the wildlife.Bring your family or your business (we are a great facility for conferences.)The Mayan Ranch is full American Plan. Rates include all meals, lodging, ranch activities as well as complimentary beer, wine, sodas and coffee.There is a little 'cowboy' in all of us - Find yours at the Mayan Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mayan Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Dude Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Mayan Dude Ranch Texas/Bandera