We were lucky enough to be here for 2 nights at labour weekend although being from the UK we had no idea when we booked it. This was all part of our Texas experience and one we won’t forget. There were a lot of family and friends groups here for the weekend as well as a lot of repeat guests. We had the end of the trail lodge 25 and 26 just for the 2 of us it was lovely, very rustic and we had the choice of two rooms. Our lodge was lovely and clean. It was missing a coffee machine but you could get coffee from the dining room at any time but it was a long way for us. I got a hair dryer from reception.
We travelled here from Fredericksburg via a look round Kerrville and got to Bandera for lunch we went to Briucks after a recommendation from the tourist information it was excellent. We were able to check in a little bit early and found our lodge. (If any one has been to centre pracs it’s a little bit like that but all inclusive) You are able to use your car to get back to the main area.
We were woken up both mornings with a jump to a loud knock at the door which made us laugh. We planned our day from the information leaflet. We did Cowboy breakfast which as everyone has already said is a must. First day we went on the trailer and the second day I rode.
As it was Labour Day weekend it was celebrate Bandera weekend. This was fantastic we went out of the ranch on Saturday to watch the parade amazing, spent all day in town wondering round all the attractions, stalls, shows and the bars had a great time at 11th street cowboy and the longhorn. We went back for dinner (all of the food was good) which should have been via the trailer to Hicksville in the ranch but it rained so it was in the main area. Then we went to the Rodeo amazing!
We found it to be very family and children orientated, which is fantastic for families, but maybe not so good for couples unless you want to horse ride. Two days was long enough for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Horsepitality" is the foundation of the Mayan Ranch which is located in Bandera, Texas, 48 miles NW of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country. Come experience our superb food, great accommodations, enthusiastic staff, horseback riding over picturesque trails, and swimming in our Texas-sized pool. Learn how to spin a rope, crack a whip and pitch shoes. Or, just sit back and enjoy a wagon ride around the ranch property to see the wildlife.Bring your family or your business (we are a great facility for conferences.)The Mayan Ranch is full American Plan. Rates include all meals, lodging, ranch activities as well as complimentary beer, wine, sodas and coffee.There is a little 'cowboy' in all of us - Find yours at the Mayan Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mayan Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Dude Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Mayan Dude Ranch Texas/Bandera