“Our company retreat at Rancho Cortez”
Review of Rancho Cortez

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Rancho Cortez
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Our company retreat at Rancho Cortez”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We had the entire company go to this resort/dude ranch for a team building. The owners and staff were wonderful, the activities for team building were great, and the entire company wants to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2009

When I first got there, I thought "Oh My" What have I gotten myself into?" Not in Million years would I think I would go to a ranch for a vacation.
""""IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO GO""""
To all of you who live in the real world, where everything is going a hundred miles an hour every second of the day. This is the perfect place to escape. You have time to think, to re-vamp things in your life, to revise your eating habits, to learn better ways to get fit , feel healthy, and rejuvenated,
I did the fitness camp and also got the additional benefit of riding horses daily for free. Silly me had alot of fun riding the horses. Then there was the fitness workouts all day. You can go to one class or all the classes. Each day was different so you won't get bored. There is water aerobics, weight training, hiking, horse yoga, and more.....
The meals were great, the rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean.
A very calming peaceful place to be .
The staff: "They were phenomenal, wonderful, kind, caring people... all of them. One particular staff member " Liz" unbelievable how knowlegeable she is about nutrition, working out, she pretty much was my main coach there. Everyone that got to work with her was a winner.
I hated to leave but had to get back to the real world. I ended up riding out of there thinking I was still on a horse just as happy as could be with all the things I will remember for a lifetime.
My personal rating: 5 STARS and very reasonably priced. Just outside of San Antonio, Texas
It was the best thing I could have possibly done for myself this year.
Kathleen

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Our group of 5 ladies stayed for a half day trip on the ranch. Our day included lunch, a trail ride, barrel racing in the arena, roping, dinner, and a hayride. Brian and Larry paid great attention to us and we were even able to ride around the barrels twice. Two of the girls even got a full body massage--they both said it was excellent. The ranch is located about 2 hours away from downtown San Antonio. Watch out for the deer on the way back into town if you are driving at night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We did the Day at the Ranch twelve hour experience where you spend the entire day there, but do not have a cabin. Larry and Chris and the rest of the staff were amazingly friendly, knowledgable, courteous, and patient with everyone. There was not a minute there that my children and I did not enjoy. By the end of the day we did not want to leave. They were all wonderful with children and let the kids help feed and groom the horses.

The value for what you got was wonderful. We paid $95 a piece for two one hour rides, three meals, use of the recreational facilities, and lessons on such topics as saddles, lassoing, riding in the arena. I had paid $85 per person for a two hour horseback ride in Sedona, AZ and Rancho Cortez was a much better value for the money.

When I go back to the Texas Hill Country, I will definitely visit Rancho Cortez again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
San Antonio TX
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Rancho Cortez was a great outdoors experience. The staff made it really simple arrange from the reservations to the check out. They came acrossed as extremely knowledgable and friendly.
The bunkhouse was very clean, well stocked with all the needs, and gave a really neat environment to our stay. The pools and fittness center were beautifully kept.
The food was wonderful. Well prepared and always plenty. The breakfast menu recieved the best review by our group but all meals were delicious.
The horses were very well manored and nicely kept. The wranglers were interactive and helpful to all the people in our group.

Larry Cortez was very kind and entertaining to both the adults and children. He tells a great ghost story to boot. This place is excellent for any occation from romantic getaway to family vacation spot. This Girl Scout troop enjoyed it and many look forward to attending the Rancho Cortez Summer Horse Camp for girls.

• Stayed April 2009
Wimberley, TX
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I visited Rancho Cortez for the first time with my two best friends for a girls' getaway. We had a fantastic time. Hay rides, arena riding and trail riding filled our days, along with roping lessons, lounging in the sun and enjoying our BYOB adult beverages.

The guests were a mix of groups of friends and families with children but we never felt crowded or out of place. Larry and Chris will treat you like family and couldn't be more hospitable. Our stay was only over a weekend but we felt like we had been on holiday for weeks. It was everything we had hoped and look forward to a return visit. The cabins, pool, hot tub - everything was just the way it should have been. We even enjoyed a Friday night rodeo in a neighboring town.

Leave your daily cares behind because you won't have internet, TV, cell service, phones in room anyway (you won't miss any of it!). You will be "forced" to enjoy the outdoors, relax, laugh and enjoy the ranch. You will get a big taste of "cowboy life" even if you have never ridden a horse before. Just book your reservation and hang on for a great adventure!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
adriantevan
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I went to Rancho Cortez with 9 of my friends for my bachelor party. The goal was to do something different and still have a great time, this place easily accomplished both! From the moment we got there it was nothing but non-stop fun. Larry and Chris were terrific hosts and the ranch was exactly what we expected-a place to relax, have fun and experience the cowboy life style. The rooms were great, the food was perfect and Larry and Chris made sure we had a great time. We went out on trail rides, chased some cattle around, drank by the campfire and even went into town to check out the night life. All in all, this was a trip of a lifetime and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pleasanton
Medina Lake RV Campground
Medina Lake RV Campground
#1 of 2 in Lakehills
Bandera Guest House with A Place To Stay

Been to Rancho Cortez? Share your experiences!