“Can't Miss!”

OST Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Space Coast, Florida
“Can't Miss!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had the chance to eat at OST four times last weekend for breakfast and dinner, and we were happy each time. Great service, great location, great food!

Visited April 2014

Willis, Texas
“Great Home Style Cooking”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We opted to give this place a try and wow...home style cooking like I used to eat as a little girl. We had the fried mushrooms and split the chicken fried chicken plate. It was the perfect decision because the helping was huge.

Everything was cooked perfect. The salad bar, cold slaw, and pickled okra is a great compliment.

We have never taken the time to stop in Bandera but we will make it a point to stop on here again.

Bandera, Texas
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were exploring downtown Bandera and the "Homemade Desserts" sign in the window of the OST Restaurant caught my husband's eye. I reminded him that TWO locals told us the food here isn't very good. But he wanted to try their dessert anyway. Bad idea! Waste of money and calories. I got the peach cobbler. I ordered it without ice cream, but it came with ice cream. I didn't say anything, even though by adding ice cream it would cost $1.50 more. The overall taste was "doughy". The dough wasn't baked enough, the dish was not sweet enough, the peaches were tiny pieces and you could barely taste them. YUK! A bad choice! My husband ordered the Lemon Meringue Pie. What can you do wrong to lemon meringue pie? Well, the pie was about 95% meringue and you could ALMOST see the lemon filling. I have no clue how it tasted as I didn't want to risk tasting another yuky dessert. But he kept commenting on how it was just all meringue. The waitress never came back to see how we were doing or I would have at least told her the dough was underbaked in my cobbler. She only came to bring the bill and never asked a thing. Next time, we'll listen to the locals' advice! Now to be fair, one of the locals did say the best thing to eat in OST is the breakfast. We did not try that. But after the bad desserts, we don't want to go back to try any other food.

• Visited April 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“One of the worse dining experiences ever”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A group of us, 5 women, dined here for breakfast. We were there 10 min before anyone acknowledged us, and only after we requested service. We were seated just inside the door, in plain view. Twenty minutes after receiving our drinks, we had to again ask for service. Finally a very sick, hoarse and coughing waitress took our orders. We watched other customers come in after us and receive their orders. 45 min after we arrived, I had to, for the third time, ask for service. We were told that the orders had gotten mixed up and ours was pushed back. We finally received our food an hour after arriving. The sick waitress didn't know who had what, and holding the plates close to her face, she asked what was for who. My mom is on chemo and getting sick is dangerous for her, and I can only imagine the germs that sprayed her food. I'd ordered only grits, which came with a biscuit. The biscuit was not edible, hard and dry. My sister's was the same. We asked for another. A long time later, waitress came back saying there was a problem with the biscuits and would we like toast, or Texas toast. I don't like toast, but my sister asked for Texas toast. She was brought regular toast. We were nearly finished with our food by this time anyway. I left the restaurant hungry (first time ever) and I was charged the full price, even though I didn't get the biscuit. Worse thing is that we were exposed to whatever sickness the waitress had.

• Visited April 2014
Bandera, Texas
“Jordan”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My mother and I have gone to OST for breakfast. It is always very good and lots of food. It is always crowded no matter what time you go. We prefer to eat breakfast over the lunch and dinner, although the food is good for all meals.

Visited January 2014