“Great Family Vacation!”
Review of Dixie Dude Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Dixie Dude Ranch
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We just spent a couple of days at the Dixie Dude Ranch and absolutely loved it! My whole family enjoyed the peacefulness, hospitality of the staff, the food was amazing - you will never go hungry. Pancho, Sancha and Bravo (3 amazing dogs) are quite helpful when going on a hike. They make great tour guides. I cannot say enough about this place. You meet the most amazing people especially around the camp fire. Great place to unwind and relax!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband & I took our granddaughter (who loves horses) to the Dixie Dude Ranch to celebrate her 13th birthday. It was PERFECT!! The ranch is rustic, yes, but peaceful, relaxing and CLEAN!! The food is amazing and LOTS of it! The entire staff was warm and welcoming. The hilltop Cowboy Breakfast was AMAZING!! We all had a BLAST and didn't want to leave. Clay and crew, thank you for making our celebration so happy and special. We SALUTE ya'll!!

Room Tip: The Buckaroo Cabin, clostest to the swimming pool, has two bedrooms, one with bunk beds and one with...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KK1948
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I had a conference in San Antonio so decided to take the whole family for our first trip to Texas. We regretted only booking two nights at the Dixie Dude Ranch! It was by far the best part of our time in Texas and the very best vacation we've EVER had. The cowboys and staff are so kind and thoughtful and warm and welcoming and friendly! I've really never met nicer people. They remembered our names and did everything possible to make us feel right at home. The cowboys gave our children chores to do which they LOVED (like feeding and unsaddling the horses!). The trail rides were so easy and serene. I was really nervous about the horseback riding, being a novice, but the horses are gentle and bridle-wise and just lovely. I didn't expect it to be so much of a communal experience, but we really got to know the other families there by dining with them and hanging out at the campfire, so that was a nice bonus. Here is my one and only warning: TWO NIGHTS IS NOT ENOUGH. We left after two nights feeling really downhearted about having to leave, and I already miss the ranch terribly. If you can stay longer, do so! It is worth every penny.

Room Tip: The staff will assign a cabin to your family based on your size. We stayed in the Casita and were tw...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank EmilyK643
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Food - amazing and plentiful
Everyone really is friendly & and that includes the 3 dogs and cats! They are all extremely competent in their roles (I'm still including the animals here!).
Cabins are great clean, tidy and roomy, just sitting out on the deck watching the world go by is great.
The horseback rides were at a sedate pace and the horses are well trained and looked after. They are actually free to roam after taking rides for the day and will wander on down to the field near the lake every evening of their own accord, wandering back sometime that evening.
There are also pigs and goats on the ranch as well. The kids were so cute trying to steal the horses food.
All the children that we saw had a blast, they are in a really safe environment and so were romping about non stop, I remember being a bit shocked when I saw the television in the main room on, but that was in fact adults watching the news.
The evening entertainment is centred around the children so adults can find it a little lacking but then it's up to you to make the most of it and entertain yourselves.
I cannot say enough about this place. My husband and I left feeling a little sad to go but totally rested and energised and wondering if we ever can make it back!

Room Tip: Ask Kim for a map of the layout.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry95
Reviewed 12 March 2013

THis is our second dude ranch experience and we loved it! Again, no cellular signal so we were able to be "unplugged," away from emails and phones.
The horseback riding was fun, but would of liked to have the opportunity to have more interactive experience with the horses and riding lessons.
THe food was delicious. The okra dish was so good! everyone is so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very country, and really CLEAN. We can see horses from our bedroom windows.
It was great family time, sitting by firepit and just talk. We've met so many friendly people visiting.
It would also be great to have more evening entertainment. But, all and all, it was a great family trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed in Dixie during Nov of 2006 originally booked for 3 nights then left for Austin for a week. Got to my hotel in Austin and missed the ranch so much that I went back the next day for another week. Had a bit of a ghoslty experience in one of the cabins at night time but I think it all added to the experience. Dont want to frighten anyone :) The meals provided were amazing. I was travelling solo and all the staff were so great. Made some great new friends aswell.

Room Tip: I think there was a little spiritual activity going on in a few of the guest cabins but dont let tha...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Joanne O
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This 2 night stay was so worth it, we only booked a week in advance and as a last minute thought. it was just my husband and I, we are Brits but living in St Louis now and Texas has been on our 'to do' list. we drove here via Dallas and Austin and found this a fantastic place to calm down after all the traffic of the cities. The horseriding was tranquil and scenic. The food was plentiful and wholesome, and we all tucked in fanily style. there was always more if we wanted it. We stayed in the Apache room, part of the Bunkhouse. it smlet fresh and clean as soon as we walked in. the shower and sink were a bit worn but you could tell it was clean. The bed was comfy and the room quiet. there were only 18 of us at any one time so the whole experience was quiet, everyone else had children with them as it was east coast vacation time, but they had so much to do that you only saw them at meal times or out on the horserides. The lack of TV and wifi was brilliant, it made you chill out. there was wifi in the main lodge but the signal was slow. we'd go again if we were ever in the area, and will recommend to any friends, young, old, with kids or without. However I would not choose to go when it was the big school vacation time as they take approx 65 peple and I could imagine that for empty nesters like us we'd find it less relaxing and tranquil.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
Flying L Hill Country Resort
#19 of 24 in Bandera
Pioneer River Resort
Pioneer River Resort
#16 of 24 in Bandera

Been to Dixie Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!