I recently stayed at the Flying L Guest "Ranch" for 3 days and I didn't see or have the opportunity to ride a horse. When we checked in on a Thursday afternoon, we were told that all rides for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were all booked - so no horse riding available all 3 days. I should mention - OK - we did see 1 horse. My 4 year old was able to ride the miniature horse "Brownie" as part of the kids morning camp which was nice.
When I expressed my frustration with management about the horse riding situation, they seemed mildly interested in making things better nor did they offer an alternative solution. This was very disappointing considering there are other options in the area. I also suggested that they put "horse riding" is not guaranteed with your stay on their website and they did seem interested in the suggestion either so that's why I'm explaining in this review.
I wanted to echo another reviewers suggestion to do your research before booking here. It seems like the Flying L caters more to golfers than City Slickers who want to play cowboy on the weekend. The Silver Spur and The Mayan Ranch offers guaranteed horse riding twice a day included in your all-inclusive package while the Flying L charges separate for this excursion.
Daniel and Buck are your best friends while staying at the Flying L
Kids camp is good
Water park and lodging are good
Management not interested in your feedback just your money
Food is OK for the price and is buffet style
You have to wear a wristband the entire stay to prove you're a guest (how about just flashing a key)
I hope you find this review helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Texas Hill Country. Grab your jeans, boots and hat! The Flying L is a great place to reconnect with friends and family. Founded in 1947, Flying L is rich in aviation history. Tread through mile after mile of natural Hill Country woodlands while Horseback Riding. Splash the day away at the Lone Star Lagoon, our full size water park. Tee up a round of golf on our 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Flying L Hill Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flying l Guest Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Flying l Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Flying L Hill Country Resort Texas/Bandera