We really enjoyed our 2 days at this ranch in Bandera.
1) Kids loved the horseback riding.....$40 per rider
2) 1 bedroom villa was cute (nothing special) and fit our family of 6 nicely.
3) waterpark was a great bonus but a bit pricey and the water was a bit cold for us parents but the kids seemed to do okay with the temperature.
4) free Tractor ride....a tractor pulls a trailer at dusk and you get to see deer, antelope and rabbits
5) Free mini golf....My boys and i enjoyed this simple put put course
6) Cowboys songs were sung by the campfire.....fun time!
7) Free smores every night
8) Close to the town of Bandera where you can get groceries or go to restaurants.
9) Staff was very friendly
1) You are in wilderness but there are other properties surrounding/within the ranch. This is not necessarily a bad thing....Just don't expect to be out in the middle of pristine non developed areas.
2) Waterpark was pricey....they have half price Mondays and 10 dollar Tuesdays so take advantage of that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Texas Hill Country. Grab your jeans, boots and hat! The Flying L is a great place to reconnect with friends and family. Founded in 1947, Flying L is rich in aviation history. Tread through mile after mile of natural Hill Country woodlands while Horseback Riding. Splash the day away at the Lone Star Lagoon, our full size water park. Tee up a round of golf on our 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Flying L Hill Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flying l Guest Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Flying l Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Flying L Hill Country Resort Texas/Bandera