“April 2012, What a great stay!”
Review of Pecan Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bastrop
Pecan Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bastrop B&B and Inns
Leeds UK
“April 2012, What a great stay!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at the Pecan Street Inn and were made immediately welcome in this beautiful historic house. Shawn and Bill deserve extra thanks for all the local advice and information, the beautifully presented breakfasts, everything. I'm amazed to find a couple of negative reviews here on this site, because I can't think of anything at all in the least bit disappointing. Our stay was perfect, our hosts were perfect, and the people of the town of Bastrop deserve an award too for their friendship.

We'll be back someday.... actually, I'd just like to have moved in permanently.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gig Harbor Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2012

During our visit from Washington State, my beautiful niece surprised us with a stay at the Pecan Street Inn. She booked the 2 largest bedrooms on the second floor for the 4 of us (I stayed in the Master Suite and felt like royality). The beds were comfortable, made up with fine linens and featured huge private bathrooms and electric fireplaces. Upon our arrival we discovered, to our delight, that we would be the only guests staying at this gem for both nights. In the evening, we sipped wine in the grand old parlor and awoke to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and our gourment breakfast being prepared from the kitchen below. The first morning Bill, the inn keeper, prepared pecan waffles and the second was a delicious Texas egg casserole. Upon our request, he sat with us and shared his knowledge and love of this history laden community and "almost" capital of Texas. Bill and his wife enjoy their guests and extend to you sincere hospitality. It is what I would call casual elegance - you can relax with your shoes off (even at breakfast) but still enjoy the regal charm of years gone bye. This lovely old home was the perfect destination for our family gathering.

Room Tip: Each room has it own charm and features and well descibed on the website
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank judywarren
Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My five girl friends and I spent a wonderful weekend in Bastrop at the Pecan Street Inn. Shawn and Bill were just terrific hosts. They not only served tasty, gourmet breakfasts but waited on the guests in true southern hospitality. Shawn shared her wealth of knowledge about the history of the house and of the Bastrop area and answered every question we had on local activities, shopping and restaurants. She said to call her anytime and we did and she was always right there. We stayed two nights and wish it could have been longer. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan T
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Pecan Street Inn for a night. It was a wonderful place. We enjoyed chatting to Bill about his book. It was an amazing experience to see a guy who has sold 300,000 books make your waffles in the morning. He has some interesting stories to share too. Oh the breakfast was awesome too. My wife is a vegetarian and he made a special waffles to address her concerns. To top all this off, we forgot our phone charger at his place and he posted it to us in a day. I just wish we could stay longer there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank naveen e
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My 12-year old son and I stayed the night in the Marias Suite and had an awesome experience. He had never stayed in a bed and breakfast (his dad is big on Holiday Inn) so I treated him to some old fashion southern hospitality. The HUGE queen size bed, electric fire place and quaint sitting room were perfect. The food was fabulous, the company entertaining and the location was ideal for sight-seeing. My son can't wait to bring the rest of the family. 5-star service. Thanks!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jared W
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We wanted to stay here to experience somewhere different than the chain hotels in Bastrop - what a mistake! Nice enough place but we were without hot water 2 of the 4 mornings we stayed. I would like to say we got a "I'm so sorry for your inconvenience" from the inn keepers but what I have gotten is them ignoring my calls and, my last resort, emails! I would not recommend that anyone stay there! Oh and they charge extra to use a credit card - WHAT?! Such a bad experience that we will not likely stay in a bed and breakfast ever again!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy j
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We (2 adults + 6yr old) stayed here while my husband ran in the Warrior Dash nearby. We knew he would need a shower post-race. Bill was more than happy to extend our check out until 2pm! We stayed in the Marias Suite, our daughter slept on a fold out couch. The only downside was the bathroom location. We needed to walk through the hallway (blocked from other rooms by a curtain) to access the bathroom. Not a deal breaker just not quite what I expected. Breakfast was delicious (Bill even made a waffle for our daughter since she didn't want any of the casserole). I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family