“A True Gem”
Review of Pecan Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bastrop
Pecan Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bastrop B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“A True Gem”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Pecan Street Inn from August 11th to the 14th to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. The owners were wonderful, answering questions and sharing some of the history behind Bastrop. On the day of our arrival, the inn was hosting a baby shower. The owners, however, met us right away and were able to answer all of our questions while attending to the needs of other guests. Moreover, Bill and Shawn made my wife and I feel as if we were part of their family. Their inn is considered by my wife and I a true gem or a second home. If anyone wants to visit Bastrop, please stay at the Pecan Street, for the food is delicious and the company is divine. Bill and Sharon make Bastrop worth visiting again.

Joel and Mary Getz

Room Tip: If you want privacy try the Master Suite or the back bedroom. It has a sitting area and a beautiful...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We arrived to find a locked door with no owner available. A baby shower was in progress at the inn. Luckily, a kind member of the shower party let us in. Next, we had trouble finding the owner. Finally found her upstairs only to find out she had given away the Master Suite we had reserved and had a very small and very hot room for us instead. This was after I had had en email conversation with her and a phone conversation with her husband about the room we wanted. There was no way we were going to stay in a cramped little bed with no working AC - this is August in Texas! Ended up staying at the Hampton Inn a few miles away and having breakfast at a great little restaurant around the corner - much better experience! Very unprofessional bed & breakfast.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jemachharo
PecanStreet, Owner at Pecan Street Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2015
I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations when you checked in on August 11. I was very briefly unavailable as I was checking in other guests. Yes, it was momentarily warm as the baby shower folks had left several doors open accidentally as they were coming/going but the air conditioning soon caught up. Our records showed that the room you were shown was the one you were assigned because of a deposit issue. However, despite that we had still held a very nice room for you anyway. I just want to call to readers' attention the following review from the couple I was initially checking in when you arrived. They actually did stay at the Inn, unlike you. Had you not angrily stormed out, we may have been able to mitigate your unhappiness, but you gave us no chance to help you. The other folks that weekend thoroughly enjoyed themselves. See below:
A True Gem”.
5 of 5 starsReviewed August 17, 2012

Joel and Mary Getz
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We used to live in Bastrop so we were excited once we moved to go back and try a cute little B&B. The owner is so nice....breakfast was delicious! The rooms were very clean and nice. We had a great stay. I HIGHLY recommend this place. Don't stay way out at the Lost Pines Resort (unless you have small kids that need the activities). Save your money, stay near downtown and enjoy being within walking distance to darn near everything. This is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the jazz room and it was really cute!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I spent two wonderful nights while attending a convention down the road. Breakfast was wonderful and owner very gracious to tell us stories. I stayed in the master suite and it was lovely. I only wish I had been able to stay longer. The only thing that kept the Pecan Street Inn from an excellent rating was the landscaping. It needed a little TLC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We arrived in Bastrop late for business and loved the quaint town. Of course we wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast downtown. It was lovely and the owners were so friendly. They gave us advise on where to get the best steak in Tx. and it lived up to their recommendations.

Breakfast was wonderful and the other guests were interesting guests from Dallas. The conversation was so good that we stayed till late morning. It was hard to leave, and it really felt like we had been on a pleasure trip instead of business. The funny part was that morning we didn't have to set the alarm, we heard a rooster crow. I hadn't heard one do that since I was a child and my husband never had. So we really got something extra!

Room Tip: We parked the car and walked to everything. The location was great and there were several good band...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Leeds UK
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at the Pecan Street Inn and were made immediately welcome in this beautiful historic house. Shawn and Bill deserve extra thanks for all the local advice and information, the beautifully presented breakfasts, everything. I'm amazed to find a couple of negative reviews here on this site, because I can't think of anything at all in the least bit disappointing. Our stay was perfect, our hosts were perfect, and the people of the town of Bastrop deserve an award too for their friendship.

We'll be back someday.... actually, I'd just like to have moved in permanently.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C
Gig Harbor Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2012

During our visit from Washington State, my beautiful niece surprised us with a stay at the Pecan Street Inn. She booked the 2 largest bedrooms on the second floor for the 4 of us (I stayed in the Master Suite and felt like royality). The beds were comfortable, made up with fine linens and featured huge private bathrooms and electric fireplaces. Upon our arrival we discovered, to our delight, that we would be the only guests staying at this gem for both nights. In the evening, we sipped wine in the grand old parlor and awoke to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and our gourment breakfast being prepared from the kitchen below. The first morning Bill, the inn keeper, prepared pecan waffles and the second was a delicious Texas egg casserole. Upon our request, he sat with us and shared his knowledge and love of this history laden community and "almost" capital of Texas. Bill and his wife enjoy their guests and extend to you sincere hospitality. It is what I would call casual elegance - you can relax with your shoes off (even at breakfast) but still enjoy the regal charm of years gone bye. This lovely old home was the perfect destination for our family gathering.

Room Tip: Each room has it own charm and features and well descibed on the website
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family