“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pecan Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bastrop
Pecan Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bastrop B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio, Usa
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed here last May and I have to post how great this was. I was planning my Grandma's 90th birthday from out of state and Bill was wonderful with all my questions and help! We had family in from Ohio, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas and this was the perfect home to hold us all. The home is charming and clean. We woke up the day after to a wonderful Mother's Day breakfast, all 4 generations of us, to Bills wonderful pecan waffles and sausage. I can't say enough on much this meant to us to have a wonderful stay for Grandma Lena's 90th birthday! I highly recommend this home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

You cant walk a block in Bastrop without running into a beautiful turn of the century home. One of them is a B and B, the Pecan Street Inn. After a full night of banqueting in Bastrop, we retired to a quiet room with a King Size bed, and our own spacious bathroom. After a full nights sleep, we were treated to a great breakfast cooked by Owner Bill Pletsch (along with his wife Shawn). No Bill, the Hatch chilies in the egg casserole were just right, just like our stay in your Inn. We'll definitely be back and recommend the Pecan Street Inn to our friends.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael H
austin, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Shawn and Bill, our hosts were so flexible with our difficult schedule ie arriving late and changing dates etc we really appreciated this . They live off site but were very accessible if we called for something. The home itself is lively and our room the master suite was beautifully decorated, roomy, and the bed was fabulous and comfortable. Bill's zuchinni and mushroom with fresh fruit was delicious and I think I left without gaining a ton of weight but not because I didn't enjoy the accompanying sausages, juice and toast. We were grateful for the wifi but the only thing we wish they had was an updated tv so we could watch our dvds. It was a very small older tv without the needed jacks. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Pecan Street Inn as a weekend get-away from Houston. Shawn was very helpful with suggestions for dinner and shared lots of interesting history about Bastrop. Bill's breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed visiting with the other guests over multiple cups of coffee. I especially enjoyed sitting in the side porch swing in the morning with a cup of coffee, and in the evening with a glass of wine, which Shawn insisted I drink from one of the wine glasses in the kitchen. Although we slept on a fold-out sofa, it was very comfortable and slept as well as a regular bed.The inn is centrally located and most everything is within walking distance. I would definitely recommend Pecan Street to friends and relatives.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Lago Vista, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was a perfect choice for our weekend visit to downtown Bastrop to participate in the 2012 Veterans Day celebration and Classic Car Show. We entered our 1971 Chevelle in the Car Show and the hosts, Shawn and Bill, graciously allowed us to keep it overnight in their car port. We have stayed at many B&B's, preferring that to the typical "hotel/motel" at usually about the same cost. All have been different and enjoyable for various reasons but one thing we enjoyed most were the hosts at the Pecan Street Inn are now more like best friends or extended family. The room was spacious, very warm, clean, everything worked and that huge feather bed..............Wow! This is our choice for any visit we may have in the future to the Bastrop area.

Room Tip: I liked the Master Suite upstairs but there are two rooms on the ground floor off the sitting room t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Pecan Street Inn from August 11th to the 14th to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. The owners were wonderful, answering questions and sharing some of the history behind Bastrop. On the day of our arrival, the inn was hosting a baby shower. The owners, however, met us right away and were able to answer all of our questions while attending to the needs of other guests. Moreover, Bill and Shawn made my wife and I feel as if we were part of their family. Their inn is considered by my wife and I a true gem or a second home. If anyone wants to visit Bastrop, please stay at the Pecan Street, for the food is delicious and the company is divine. Bill and Sharon make Bastrop worth visiting again.

Joel and Mary Getz

Room Tip: If you want privacy try the Master Suite or the back bedroom. It has a sitting area and a beautiful...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We arrived to find a locked door with no owner available. A baby shower was in progress at the inn. Luckily, a kind member of the shower party let us in. Next, we had trouble finding the owner. Finally found her upstairs only to find out she had given away the Master Suite we had reserved and had a very small and very hot room for us instead. This was after I had had en email conversation with her and a phone conversation with her husband about the room we wanted. There was no way we were going to stay in a cramped little bed with no working AC - this is August in Texas! Ended up staying at the Hampton Inn a few miles away and having breakfast at a great little restaurant around the corner - much better experience! Very unprofessional bed & breakfast.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jemachharo
PecanStreet, Owner at Pecan Street Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2015
I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations when you checked in on August 11. I was very briefly unavailable as I was checking in other guests. Yes, it was momentarily warm as the baby shower folks had left several doors open accidentally as they were coming/going but the air conditioning soon caught up. Our records showed that the room you were shown was the one you were assigned because of a deposit issue. However, despite that we had still held a very nice room for you anyway. I just want to call to readers' attention the following review from the couple I was initially checking in when you arrived. They actually did stay at the Inn, unlike you. Had you not angrily stormed out, we may have been able to mitigate your unhappiness, but you gave us no chance to help you. The other folks that weekend thoroughly enjoyed themselves. See below:
A True Gem”.