“Anniversary Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pecan Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bastrop
Pecan Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bastrop B&B and Inns
Bastrop, Texas
“Anniversary Surprise”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I surprised my wife on our 35th anniversary with a night at Pecan Street Inn.The owners were totally accomodating and gracious.The Inn gives off this warm feeling of history and family.NOT a stuffy museum feel like some B&Bs,The breakfast (,cooked at our chosen time) was great We were totally satisfied with our stay and will go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crabrunner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bedford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Traveled from Pennsylvania, were to stay 4 nights: told to send cash/check for half deposit (no cards) sent 283.00 in good faith. Took elderly Aunt to see her son for the last time. Got there and here are the complaints: A bed (built up with pads and whatever/unstable and too high for elderly) said to use a step located in closet, (in the dark for 87 year old who gets up often???) located on porch - yes porch - with many large windows on second floor They said a step to bed would make it right and also put covers over the many windows. The tv was about a 15 inch located in LR - and they said had all sports channels, but who wants to watch sports with others? or what if they didn't want to watch sports at all, said tv in room, but failed to locate it. Well since we arrived a day early we told them we couldn't stay, the lady who made the arrangements never bothered to show up even tho I called her several times to tell her where we were and when we would come. I sent them 283.00 and with all the issues they had to go through to get the room ready (ha ha) they thought we wouldn't get any money back and we should be grateful they don't charge our card more. If you the (reader has time) look down the list of terrible reviews and see someone else who had the same issue - but "I" did not pay attention to it as I believed the B and B -beware giving this place cash - you will not get it back! The people who showed up at the same time we did, a young couple, took one look and fled - they never waited to tell the owners the were not staying with them. They just sent word to us(now) 10 days later - that the place was filled but this I can not believe either as I walked through the house and I didn't get the impression anyone except us and the other couple would have been there, but they said they had to keep the deposit since they were out with turning down other requests to stay. Like I said they bait you with please send check - then when you arrive and find the type of accommodation it is and does not suit elderly ones, no money comes back- THE ROOMS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURES ON THE WEB - BEWARE OF THIS ALSO.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - better off at Holiday Inn
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank margie70745
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This B&B is at the top of my list for great places to be! As soon as you walk into to the amazing historical home, you are relaxed and welcomed. Shawn is super sweet and makes sure that your every need is taken care of. She has a wealth of knowledge about the area and makes great recommendations of things to do, where to eat, where the live music is and who to see. We had an awesome time, made new friends and great memories. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan A
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Inn was at a great location and Bill and Shawn very informative about the area and accommodating. I had to be at a memorial service early so they quickly made up my room and gave me a place to change and get ready upon my early arrival. The breakfast was wonderful and definitely reflected the area. Very enjoyable stay. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SSharp302
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The B&B was located 1 block from Main St. Bill made us feel very welcomed and cooked us a delightful breakfast. Our room was the master suite upstairs with its own attached bathroom. Lots of beautiful antiques in the house made this stay extra enjoyable!

Room Tip: Choose the master suite for couples
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We spent two beautiful days at the Pecan Street Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The wonderful old home is beautifully furnished and so very comfortable. Shawn and Bill are just the dearest hosts and so very informative about restaurants and things to do in Bastrop. When Shawn found out that my husband and I love to walk, she took her time to map out a walking tour of the historic homes area in Bastrop. Bill's breakfasts were absolutely wonderful...be sure to enjoy his pecan waffles!!! They have the knack of allowing you to have your privacy or to bring you together with other guests at breakfast. Bastrop is such a wonderful, historic area of Texas. The restaurants Bill recommended were top drawer. Be sure you take a walk along the beautiful Colorado River in Bastrop. We certainly will return to Pecan Street Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband, my 7 year-old daughter and I stayed at the Inn on May 17 and 18. Bill and Shawn were so very nice and flexible, especially since we had to change dates and rooms a couple of times. Bill's breakfasts both mornings were so delicious. We also made friends with other guests and enjoyed the time spent at the round table chatting and drinking coffee. The inn is withing walking distance to everything in Bastrop and one of the Park is 10 minutes drive on 150. I would definitely recommend staying.

Room Tip: The Master Room with its large bath!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family