“Pecan Street Inn--What a lovely deal!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pecan Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bastrop
Pecan Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bastrop B&B and Inns
Fort Worth
“Pecan Street Inn--What a lovely deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

Pecan Street Inn is a fabulous B&B in a lovely old house with great furnishings. The hosts are delightful and went to great lengths to make the weekend wonderful. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. The Master Suite had everything I would have provided, including a gas log fireplace (and earplugs, just in case!). I am DEFINITELY going back!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

Bill and Shawn are delightful people and give the ultimate in service. They make you feel like you are special. The food Bill serves for breakfast is some of the best I have ever tasted. They both gave us good pointers regarding things to do in Bastrop and how to get there, as well as recommending very good restaurants. The Pecan Street Inn is quite lovely and very comfortable. Bill gave us a lot of information about the history of Bastrop which we found to be so interesting. He also advised us to visit the local museum, which we did and were amazed about some of the facts we learned. I would recommend highly that if you would like a great place to stay in Bastrop, that it should definitely be The Pecan Street Inn.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bargains
san leandro, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is the 4th time we have stayed here and will certainly not be the last. The owners, Bill and Shawn, could not make you feel more at home and are knowledgable about the area and the sites to see. Bill makes a mean breakfast. We love the porch and the yard.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

Stayed here one night in March. Owner met us and showed us around. Very nice place. You will have run of place; downstairs with living room and kitchen and upstairs with bedrooms. I am not a big fan of B&Bs but I enjoyed staying here. Very clean and private. Some B&Bs make me feel like I am spending the night with someone, this was not the case here. Owner made pecan waffles for breakfast, they were terrific. Recommend highly. Lost Pines east of town is great place to hike.

If you get a chance, drive to Lockhart for BBQ at Smitty's.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Killeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

My two sisters and I spent two nights in this charming bed and breakfast to celebrate my belated birthday. The owners, Bill and Shawn, were friendly and knowledgeable.They gave us full use of their kitchen to cook a splendid meal one evening. I would highly recommend this B &B to anyone who enjoys stimulating conversation, food, delicious food and the small town atmosphere in close proximity to the big city life of Austin.

• Stayed February 2009
Austin Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2008

My stay was really nice. The innkeepers couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful. I am from Texas and I stayed there for a conference. We sat on their huge front porch and enjoyed the homecoming parade before going to the fabulous Opera House nearby for a performance. The next morning we had a very scrumptuous breakfast which they fixed for us just at the right time. I left feeling that I had been part of a scene from Forrest Gump. I hope to return.

Stayed October 2008
dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

I called the Inn and asked for a room for the following night. I was told there was a cancellation and a room was available. I was told that the room was not viewable on the internet site but that the innkeeper said she could email it but I did not take her up on that because I assumed it would be like the others already on the site. I was told that it was not in the main house. When we got there it turned out it was down the block at a smaller house stil in the historical district, although not restored as well as the inn. There was another couple occupying one room in this two bedroom house. Also, it looked like the owners are living there, maybe on vacation. The closets of the room we rented were full of clothes and the medicine cabinets had someone's medicines in it, and the home is decorated with all recent appearing family photos rather than a typical inn would have antique photos or the like. To me that is a bit creepy. Also, there was a dead roach laying belly up on the bathroom floor, but maybe that can happen anywhere. There is no lock on the individual bedrooms so I felt uncomfortable leaving my things in the room when we left the house, not knowing the other 2 people who were sharing the house. Breakfast was down the street at the Inn itself. The innkeepers were very lovely and breakfast was fine but I think that a bed and breakfast should not feel like you are sleeping in someone else's bedroom. The cost was $110 for the room.

• Liked — the innkeepers were polite and informative
  • Disliked — I don't think they should have been renting this room out in someone else's house- not representative of their property and it did not feel like a B abd B.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple