“Okay Stay - Nothing Spectacular, Meets a Need” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
Houston, Texas
“Okay Stay - Nothing Spectacular, Meets a Need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling for business.

The lobby of the hotel appears clean and inviting. They have small exercise room, but it is acceptable for a limited service hotel. The pool was typical for a Holiday Inn Express. Check in was fast and friendly. As my Platinum welcome amenity they gave me a $2 coupon for their suite shop.

They have the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast area. The breakfast was the expected Holiday Inn Express fare with eggs, biscuits, sausage, fresh pancakes, pastries, toast, muffins, cereals, juice, milk. They also have the Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls, though I don’t try them. Though the food was kept refreshed, but the hot food was luke warm at best when I stopped in at 7am.

My room was a nice sized, all be it dated. As a Platinum they kindly upgraded me to a King Suite (but no door separating the rooms) with a small sink, microwave, and fridge. My room was ridiculously hot on check in and took about two hours to cool off. They need to have the AC on before check in. It's summer in Texas!

The beds are just so so, but the pillows are great. The room appeared clean thought the carpets were somewhat stained. There was an empty soda can behind the TV.

There is a lack of sufficient plugs in the room. The only plug at the table requires you to crawl under the table or pull the table out. There should be a charging block on the tabletop.

There is an HDTV with a nice selection of channels, and as an added bonus, Free On Demand TV. Current shows, HBO, etc. I was not able to connect my tablet to their TV, but since they had recent on demand shows, all was great. Nice touch! You can even pause the movies.

The free high speed internet connection was nothing stellar, but worked okay. There are plenty of dining options in nearby driving distance. (I cant see anyone staying in Bastrop without a car)

It has been five years since I needed to stay in Bastrop for business. This hotel is fine, and meets the bill.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pcsanity
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am surprised to hear that you found our room dated, as we have just finished a top down renovation including new carpet, lighting, wall coverings, the works.

We have lots of guest that also stay with us during their biking and hiking in Bastrop State Park. We will see you for your next stop in our beautiful, historical town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boerne, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We reserved our room on Groupon & the date of check in was some how changed during transmition. Heather was nice enough to fix it and called me right back! She allowed us a early check in and to our surprise had already given us a late check out! Matthew at the front desk was helpful and very friendly, meeting our every need! Our room was very clean & the beds were very comfortable! Happy hour beverage was only Bud Light draft, a little disappointing, but breakfast was really good and there were lots of choices, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, biscuits gravy, bacon,,,etc.. Only disappointment was hot tub didn't work, only ones lounge chair & pool was a little dirty, but it had rained. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Try Groupon for a Getaway discount, our room was $70.00
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Renee P
Thank you for your kind words. I have thanked my staff for their excellent service to you during your stay with us. We rotate our beer on tap for our happy hour, and the week you were here we were on our Bud Light cycle. I have just added a locally sourced wine, margaritas, lemonade, and iced tea to the happy hour.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will see you during your next weekend getaway!
Courtland, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel a lot and rely heavily on the Holiday Inn Express brand for consistency and availability. This one is GREAT!
Front desk staff very knowledgeable and helpful.
Facility is clean and well appointed, and...
they offer FREE BEER :-)

Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will see you on your next trip to our beautiful town. We'll leave the beer cooling for you. :)
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

From the moment I walked into this establishment I felt welcomed. Check in was very quick and informative, my room was well taken care of and enjoyed the happy hour. Guest service here was excellent and all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spend at least 60 nights per year in hotels, mostly Holiday Inn Express locations. This one is not one of our favorites.

Our check-in experience was less than friendly/customer oriented/welcoming. The staff in the morning at breakfast and at the counter didn't make us feel any more welcome.

Our room had hair in the tub and the bathroom ceiling was in need of repair. The rug needed cleaning in the corners and along the edges.

The pool and hot tub were so dirty that we did not dare go in - what a shame.

Not up to the standard normally set by most Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2008floridatraveler
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I apologize for the level of service you received during your stay with us. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention, and have spoken to the staff that provided this unacceptable level of service to you. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness, friendliness, and our reviews show that we take these things very seriously.

During your stay, we were in the process of reconditioning our pool and hot tub area. Being open every day of the year makes it tough for us to find the availability to work on these high demand features of our Hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We hope to see you again in the future to show you why we are Bastrop's favorite hotel.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were pleased with desk attendants and check-in, check-out, and for the most part, the amenities were great...express breakfast, and courteous staff, along with small refrigerator and microwave for our 5-night stay in the area. I/we were disappointed with the daily room care. Beds were made as we'd expect, but lax in replenishing bathroom supplies as necessary. With a call to front desk, though, we were given what we needed. Vacuuming was hit or miss as we had popcorn on the floor between chair and appliance from previous guests. A/C comfortable, but very loud. The room, also, could have been better-aired out for the incoming patrons. Good location to get around Bastrop, especiaaly walking distance to WalMart as well as an eatery or two, WalGreen's, and more. Wonderful field area for children's outdoor - supervised- playtime. Oh, yes...and a 'snow cone'/shaved ice stand...that was a treat for the location.

Room Tip: No problem, 2 double queen beds for 2 adults, one child. No noise, 2nd floor, except for A/C at nigh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Sue B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with how the housekeeping staff cleaned your room. We are also sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise coming from the air conditioning system. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after a long night of driving. We were exhausted when we got in and it was very late. The person at the front desk was extremely friendly and check in was a breeze. Our room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning we had breakfast of french toast, coffee, juice, and one of the yummiest "non-cinnabon" cinamon rolls I've ever had. They were super friendly at check-out, they called us by name and asked how our stay was. Halfway home I realized I'd forgotten my necklace on the counter in the bathroom. We gave them a call and they were kind enough to send it to us in the mail. I am very pleased with the service and we will definately stay here again if we're ever in the area. My only minor complaint was that the AC wasn't cold enough but then again that is probably because I like freezing room temperatures when I'm sleeping. Thanks y'all!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heywiley1
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I like the cinnamon rolls as well, and can tell you they are made exclusively for the Holiday Inn Express brand.

I have thanked my staff for their great service to you. I appreciate your choosing our Hotel in your travels, and we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bastrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
#8 of 9 in Bastrop
Hilton Austin Airport
Hilton Austin Airport
#45 of 197 in Austin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!