I stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling for business.
The lobby of the hotel appears clean and inviting. They have small exercise room, but it is acceptable for a limited service hotel. The pool was typical for a Holiday Inn Express. Check in was fast and friendly. As my Platinum welcome amenity they gave me a $2 coupon for their suite shop.
They have the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast area. The breakfast was the expected Holiday Inn Express fare with eggs, biscuits, sausage, fresh pancakes, pastries, toast, muffins, cereals, juice, milk. They also have the Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls, though I don’t try them. Though the food was kept refreshed, but the hot food was luke warm at best when I stopped in at 7am.
My room was a nice sized, all be it dated. As a Platinum they kindly upgraded me to a King Suite (but no door separating the rooms) with a small sink, microwave, and fridge. My room was ridiculously hot on check in and took about two hours to cool off. They need to have the AC on before check in. It's summer in Texas!
The beds are just so so, but the pillows are great. The room appeared clean thought the carpets were somewhat stained. There was an empty soda can behind the TV.
There is a lack of sufficient plugs in the room. The only plug at the table requires you to crawl under the table or pull the table out. There should be a charging block on the tabletop.
There is an HDTV with a nice selection of channels, and as an added bonus, Free On Demand TV. Current shows, HBO, etc. I was not able to connect my tablet to their TV, but since they had recent on demand shows, all was great. Nice touch! You can even pause the movies.
The free high speed internet connection was nothing stellar, but worked okay. There are plenty of dining options in nearby driving distance. (I cant see anyone staying in Bastrop without a car)
It has been five years since I needed to stay in Bastrop for business. This hotel is fine, and meets the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Bastrop the perfect hotel for business or pleasure. We are conveniently located near State Highway 71 and Hasler Blvd. in close proximity to many restaurants and retail venues in Bastrop, TX. We are a short drive to Circuit of the Americas, Historic Downtown, Bastrop State Park, Griffin Industries, Camp Swift Military Base, Federal Correctional Institution, LCRA Conference Center, M.D. Anderson Research Center, Agilent Technologies, and McKinney Roughs Nature Park. The Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is just a 25 minute drive. Bastrop, Texas was voted the 2005 Most Historic Small Town in Texas and home of the Lost Pines. The town and the Chamber of Commerce are known for their friendly down-home reception to visitors and businesses. There is the beautiful Fisherman's Park with a river walk not far from the Historic Downtown District which is on the river offering hiking and biking trails. The Bastrop State Park and Lake Bastrop are great getaway spots for all ages. There are currently 3 gorgeous golf courses plus a driving range nearby. Bastrop is very proud of its heritage and offers several festivals and a town homecoming each year. Whether you are on business, passing through, visiting or looking for a new home, visit Bastrop, TX and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express of Bastrop. Do not forget to join us for our Happy Hour! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Bastrop
- Holiday Inn Express Bastrop
- Holiday Inn Bastrop
- Bastrop Holiday Inn