“This is a Drug Store not a Restaurant”
Review of Lock Drugs - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lock Drugs
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 October 2013

When you walk into this Drug Store in down down Bastrop, you walk into a drug store of the 60s. Walk through the front door and to your left is the Soda Fountain where you can get anything from fountain drinks to a old fashion Chocolate Malt. Had one and I thought the owner of the little Drug Store in Bruni, Texas back in the early 60s had just made it. Walk to the back of the store and there's the counter where you ask for help if you need it or refill your prescriptions. And you know you are in the heart of the Real Texas that you lived in all your life by the way every single person in that store treats you. While My Mother was living at the assisted living Argent Courts, I had an account with Lock Drugs and although I lived in Sugar Land, Texas and paid all the bills my dealings with that Drug Store was a pleasure.

2  Thank Mickey1947065

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The building that houses Lock Drugs was in itself interesting. It's been around since the 1830's. If you go, check out the ceiling. We were in search of the old fashioned soda fountain and some ice cream. We found both, but our dishes were served in styrofoam - that's not old fashioned! It may seem petty, but that kind of cheapened the experience for me. Lock's is a real working drug store with pharmacists and everything, but it doesn't seem that they take a lot of pride in that bit of history that is their soda fountain. It wasn't anything I'd want to take my friends to see - except maybe the old building itself and the ceiling. :-)

2  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Walking into Lock Drugs, you'll feel like you've stepped back through time to an era of small-town soda fountains. Reasonably priced, old-fashioned soda fountain treats are not to be missed. I had the Frosted Coke - a coke and vanilla ice cream milkshake.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Fun to sit and watch the local people come in and out for their purchases. The malt was very malty like the ones I remember from childhood. The chocolate shake and ice cream were blue bell, good but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Took family for ice cream and loved the old fashioned ice cream parlor. Ice cream tasted so-so but I expected the ice cream to taste better. It was worth it to go once just to eat at the old fashioned ice cream parlor.