“Looks like a hole is the wall but ....”
Review of El Jaliscos

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Jaliscos
Ranked #60 of 107 Restaurants in Bastrop
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This place was incredible!! The queso was smooth and creamy, the tortilla soup was probably the best I've ever had. Ordered fajita's with no rice and beans (those are just fillers) so they threw in extra meat!!! Who does that?? All yummy, homemade and served piping hot!!!! And the service!!! We did not want for ANYTHING!!! She even made us large to go drinks for the road!! Will totally go there again and you should too!!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Went on a Friday for lunch. Here is the only negative I have...kind of a weird smell as we entered the restaurant. Fantastic chips and salsa, awesome food and reasonable service and prices. I will definitely go back next time we visit Bastrop. This is great Tex-Mex food.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This place is one we won't pass up any time we are in Bastrop, TX. Freshest chips and salsa served almost immediately by a courteous waitperson. Tortilla Soup is an authentic recipe that is simple, hearty and my all around favorite. Charro beans have a wonderful smoky flavor and are something I wish I could make at home. Main dishes are generous servings with quality ingredients. Busy place bustling with families, locals and visitors alike. Don't pass up the chance to visit for one meal; it could become one of your favorites too!

1  Thank raneilTemple_TX
Reviewed 4 December 2012

For years Jalisco has been a Bastrop favorite for the Best Tex Mex food found anywhere. Its authentic, fresh, fast and the service is great. Its usually crowded but there is not often a wait. Cheese enchiladas are one of my favorites but the tortilla soup is the best anywhere! On cold nights I buy it "to go" and bring it home to eat by the fire. Yum!

2  Thank tripgirl077
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Delicious, classic Tex-mex cuisine (the refried beans are amazing) served quickly and at very reasonable prices.