“YUMMY Burgers!!”

Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Roadhouse Bastrop has been voted the "Best Burger in Bastrop" for 10 years in a row. Serving up honest food and good old-fashioned service since 2004!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! Now that was a great burger! I had the Jalapeño Cream Cheese burger... lots of jalapeños but actually not too spicy! I'm definitely going to have to try adding a slab of cream cheese at home!! Sooo good!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Our first visit...next time we go to Bastrop we will definally go again. Burger very good..jalapeño bun was wonderful.....not spicy or hot....just added great flavor

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I know. Jalapeño and cream cheese in a burger? Yup! This is a tiny little place with massive, delicious burgers. Texas Monthly rated the jalapeño cream cheese burger as one of the best in Texas and it is! Get one now! Add a cold Lone Star to your order.

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

A Jalapeño Cream Cheese Burger and a cold Lone Star? Now if that isn't the perfect Texas meal, we just don't know what is, Selina! So happy to hear that you were impressed with your burger. You'll have to come back and see us again soon -- we've got a table with your name on it!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ted's 'Destruction' burger at the Roadhouse is a classic American burger loaded with cheese, bacon, avocado and pickle. I think I strained my hand trying to wrestle it into my mouth. I got a lot of it all over my face, just the way you should. Diabetes? Who cares?

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Best burger in America? Whoa, whoa, whoa, Matt! That's quite a compliment -- you might give us a big head! Really though, we're so glad that the Destruction Burger was such a hit. You never have to worry about having burger leftovers all over your face around here -- we're all in the same boat! See you for another one soon?

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice atmosphere. I have heard good things about this restaurant so I decided to try it while we were on a trip. I was disappointed when I received the menu and saw that the only things on it were sandwiches and salads. I like to have a non-sandwich meal whenever I eat out. I asked the waitress if they had any other options and she indicated that they did have steaks that were listed on a board instead of the menu. I ordered one and it was a little tough, but otherwise good. Baked potatoes were not an option with the steak so I ordered grilled potatoes with cheese. They were good. My sons ate Mushroom Swiss burgers which were very good. They had fries with them and couldn't eat it all. They normally can not be filled up. The service was excellent. Our waitress was Kate and she was fabulous. I would recommend to anyone wanting a burger. Also, we got sweet tea, and it was wonderful as well.

Amy B, Owner at Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Happy to hear that your first go-around with us was a hit! It sounds like Kate really made a difference, and I can't wait to pass along your kind words. And of course, if two growing boys got their fill, that's a success in our book! Hope to see y'all again the next time you're in our neck of the woods.