“Like New”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Baytown
Pass Christian, Mississippi
“Like New”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

All inside corridors so cart had to be used to get baggage inside. Check in was quick as was check out. Upon leaving when starting the car I received an email (Droid) with summary of charges. Neat. Breakfast was excellent. Everything looked almost new to me. A couple of concerns were 1. The flip lock on the door didn't work but the bolt lock did. The smoke detector in the room was missing which we reported to the clerk. She made a note of it.? Overall the one night stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sid D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was hesistant about making a reservation for this hotel because there were no reviews. My husband stated that it was probably a new establishment. Well, It is not new.I am still not reasure why there have been no reviews. Check in was quick. We got one of those carts to place our luggage on to go to the room. I had 2 keys, one did not work, but once I opened the door, we could not even get our cart inside the room. It was difficult to get ourselves in the room. It is a small room with too much furniture. A Chair an ottoman were in the walkway. The room looked nice upon entering. I did notice some things that were not favorable to me. 1. stains on the ottoman, 2. peeling paint over the airconditioner, mold behind the toliet, dirty door to the bathroom. My son pointed out the lack of a smoke detector because of the whole that is in the ceiling. They have an outdoor pool that is 3ft on both ends and goes to 5ft in the middle. We did not swim until 8PM so there was no need to lounge around the pool, but there is room for that as well as tables available. Pool towels ( hand towels) were provided. They were very small, but so were the room towels, oh well. Micorwave, refrigerator was avaiable in the room. Air conditioning worked very well, beds were comfy. I would stay at this hotel again because I did not see anything that was over the top disgusting. The cleanliness of the hotel is probably like most of our homes that have not had a deep cleaning. I was a little concerned about no smoke I detector in the room, their was evidence of sprinklers in the room, the question is, Do they work?
Check out was quick.
Outback Steakhouse next door.

Room Tip: Did not here anything since it is next to the interstate in Room 208.