“Baytown Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Baytown
Phillipsburg, United States
“Baytown Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Clean hotel, pleasant staff, and conveniently located for where I needed to be. Would definitely consider returning if I need to be in the area again. Unfortunately, I am a smoker and like most major chains, there are no smoking rooms available but staff was helpful in putting me close to an exit on the ground floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Leo G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Thank you also for your comments on the cleanliness of our hotel and the pleasant staff we have. I know we do not have smoking rooms on this location and we can usually give our guest that smoke a room on the first floor. It is not always possible, but we try our best. We did add a smokers post out the front entrance under the driveway with a bench that is protected from the sun and rain. Although we are a smoke free hotel, we definitely are thinking of our smokers as well in adding a place for them to enjoy. I hope to see you again soon and until then, please take care. Scott Duplechain, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
burke, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Recently renovated entrance and breakfast area. Great hot breakfast, staff very nice. found room somewhat rundown with some stapled wallpaper in bathroom. Have stayed here several times and staff do a good job. Room price was slightly higher than expected considering other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jerry F,

Thank you for noticing the recently renovated entrance and breakfast area. We are so happy that you liked it. Our bathrooms will be completed shortly and the vinyl will be changed. I am sure you will love that change as well. Our prices are higher that other Hampton Inns due to the area. We try to stay within the same price point as the other major hotels all around us. Please come and visit us again soon and allow our staff to continue to give you great guest service. Scott Duplechain, General Manager
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently renoved Hampton property (rooms, hallway, lobby, breakfast areas). All the renovations appear to be completed and I didn't notice any disruptions during my one night stay. Location is convenient to I-10 and right off Garth Road. There is a Denny's that's next door that you can walk to.

Check in was quick and I was off to my room in no time. The AC got cold in the room, water temperature and pressure were fine, and I slept well. Lots of channels on the TV and it was HD. Room was fairly decent sized. Not a bad place to stay if just needing somewhere to stay in this area!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear ez369,

I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay away from home in such comfort. This is the kind of feedback that my staff and I enjoy reading in a review. It lets us know that we did a Great Job. We hope you will visit us again soon because we loved having you here. Thanks again! Scott Duplechain, General Manager
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn, Baytown last night.

Love this property -- they have done some done awesome renovation in the lobby and it looks beautiful, especially where you eat breakfast .... so comfortable in there ....

All the staff there is very courteous and accommodating and so friendly ....

Our room was so lovely -- very comfortable bed and excellent shower .... and fabulous television too -- lots of different channels!

Highly recommend this property if you are going to be in Baytown!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear gailhouston,

I know for you being such a loyal guest with us, it has been a long time coming. I am so happy that you love it. I know that you have seen many changes over the years while you have been staying with us. It means the world to us that continue to visit us each time you visit Baytown. We have a few more improvements yet to come and I am sure you will like them as well. Until the next time, take care and we will have those cookies waiting for you. Scott Duplechain, General Manager
Baytown, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The desk staff was lacking knowledge and the lobby was turned inside out for remodel. Didn't really affect my stay but the breakfast lady was a pleasure... that did. At the price I paid I would spend 20 more for a better location next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear David L,

Thank you very much for your feedback of our hotel and our staff. We strive to be above average in every way and I do apologize the front desk was lacking knowledge of any kind. We try our hardest to teach our staff everything that they need to know on a daily basis and I am sad that it did not ring true for you on your recent stay. I am glad that our breakfast ladies did make your stay a little better and I hope you will give us another try sometime soon. Scott Duplechain, General Manager
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here before a cruise. They are in process of a remodel, but its just fine. They have front area and breakfast area set up very nice in spite of a little construction, absolutely not a problem. The lady who checked us in was so very sweet, wish I had gotten her name. Actually all employees were extremely helpful and friendly. Great hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Michele L,

Many of our guest stay here before a cruise leaving from La Porte or Galveston and I am thrilled that you did as well. Our lobby is 95% complete and should be finished up by the weekend. Thank you for your fantastic comments about our front desk and our hotel. My staff was so pleased to read your review and were so happy that we made you stay here a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon even if it is to stop by and say hi. We loved having you here!
Scott Duplechain, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I needed a quick one night location and stopped at the Hampton Inn in Baytown before meetings the next morning in Houston. As i walked in I was horrified at a torn up lobby in the midst of a remodel. I almost walked out but had reservations and it was late so I stayed. Good move. The hotel has really nice and comfortable beds. The rooms were fine and actually very quiet, which I like. Once the remodeling is finished there will be no draw backs but right now the business center and fitness center are closed. All in all, nice stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear JDP2013,

I am so pleased to tell you that our remodel of the front desk and lobby is almost over. It is Beautiful. I am so happy you stayed the night you almost walked out. Despite our lobby being torn up, we have great beds and rooms that did indeed make up for it. After all, a great night sleep is what our guest want and I am happy to say that our new mattresses will do just that. Also, our business center and fitness center are now open and are Absolutely Fantastic. You will be impressed the next time you stay with us. I hope you visit us real soon and until then take care and thanks again for giving us a chance. Scott Duplechain, General Manager