“Off The Beaten Path”

Add it.
The Red Fox
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Decided to try the Red Fox for lunch since we have not been there for several months. Our lunch experience exceeded our expectations. I tried one of the daily lunch specials, fried shrimp(6)for $8.00. I chose the new potatoes and sauteed spinach for my side orders and was pleased with the whole meal, an outstanding value for the price. My wife ordered off the regular lunch menu, the shrimp and grits with sweet potato fries and fried okra. Everythig again was outstanding, especially the shrimp and grits which also included sausage and mushrooms. The staff was very courteous and helpful and our tea glasses were never empty, and the atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing with nice background music. The service was a little slow, a minor inconvenience since we were not in a hurry, probably due to a busy lunch crowd. One more server might help. Anyway, we will definitely plan to be regulars if our nice experience is the norm.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Red Fox is a wonderful restaurant my husband and I have enjoyed over the past year. The staff is warm and welcoming and the food is top quality. We eat at The Red Fox regularly, but it would be a great place for a special occasion. You don't have to go into Houston, Kemah or Galveston anymore. This business is a locally owner small business in the Historic District of Baytown. We should all support our local small businesses and when the hamburger cost the same as any other sit down restaurant, but made from fresh high quality ground beef.... why would you eat any where else.

2  Thank PickyTexas