“The only place I'll stay in Baytown”

Comfort Suites Baytown
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Baytown
Marrero, Louisiana
“The only place I'll stay in Baytown”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed here for 53 days while working night shift. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accomidate me. The bed was comfortable, the room was nice. I will stay here again when working in Baytown.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
cdockerybaytown, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Good day Sir! We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay here with us at Comfort Suites- Baytown. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity we had in accommodating your work schedule. We were very pleased that you took the time to work with our staff so that we could offer the best customer service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please remember us when you are in the area. Once again, Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Cafe, the front desk lady did a very great job of making me and my co-worker here on business, great. She was always courteous and willing to help whenever we had a request.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us here at Comfort Suites- Baytown. Our front desk associates appreciate the recognition of their customer service talents. We thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodating needs and hope that you will remember us when you are in the area again. Once again, Thank You!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2011

While we enjoyed our stay at this hotel, our first impression was less than stellar. The front desk clerk was visiting with her sister and her sister's children on our arrival. The visitors had just gotten out of the pool. The sister apparently works at the hotel next door and does not like the pool so she brings her children to this hotel to swim. The clerk finially greeted us after she played with her niece and gave her some candy. The clerk stated she usually makes cookies in the afternoon for the guests and makes sure her niece gets some. I went down through the lobby several times that evening and never did see any cookies. I asked her about them and she managed to get off of her phone long enough to shrug her shoulders when I asked, jokingly about the cookies. She did not leave a good first impression of the hotel. It did not seem at all like she cared about the guests. When we had some questions about venue location for Bayou bowl events, she had not idea what I was talking about. The pool had areas under the waterfalls that were caked with something. When we went in the pool on Saturday morning after 9am, the bugs had not been scooped out and we had to do it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Woodbine, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites-Baytown for two nights while attending a wedding nearby. I did not see any of the problems reported by previous reviewers. I was impressed with the building, room, and service. I did think the regular price of the room was a little high but we received a group discount that brought the price down to reasonable. After seeing the cleanliness of the hotel I think that the regular price might even be worth the money!

The first thing that struck us as we walked into the lobby was a clean, lemony smell. Service at check-in was great. We were early but our room was ready so we were given our keys. The room was just as clean! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I opened my door in the afternoon to the smell of fresh baked cookies. They were still warm when I made it down to the lobby.

Breakfast was about average. They had the usual breads and cereals then also an egg, meat, and waffle iron.

The location was very close to major roads. We were on the road-side of the building but were not bothered by traffic sounds. The parking lot was well lit and seemed very safe.

Some unusual requests were made by members of our group and the front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. They were more than friendly and helpful. Also, we tried to request that our bed not be made and the floor vacuumed since we were only staying two nights but the Hotel housekeeper's conscience wouldn't let her leave until she just cleaned "just one more thing." We wanted to make things easier for her but she insisted she do her best job.

There is a small pool, a hot tub, and a fitness center located at the first floor level. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

I was very happy with this hotel stay and would return here if I find myself in Baytown again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christytra
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel; our head housekeeper will be so happy to hear her staff received rave reviews. I'm also glad to hear the cookies were a big hit! You may be pleased to know that we have listened to suggestions about our breakfast, and we have tweaked our cooking methods, and offer spicy salsa for your eggs! Also, we now have a manager's reception every Wednesday that features complimentary beverages and finger foods. So stop by the next time you're in town!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed at the Comfort Suites in Baytown for 2 nights for a friend's wedding. The property is new and has been maintained nicely, everything is spotless. The rooms are spacious and the beds/linens are comfortable. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dark but the facilitie were nice. Breakfast was standard continental fare plus two hot items (sausage patties and eggs). Free wifi was handy but a little inconsistent (went out twice during my stay).

I do have one recommendation: with all the modern amenities, why not implement a temperature controlled AC/heating system? The old "warm/cold" with low, medium, and high settings seemed more motel than hotel. I had a hard time controlling the temperature in my room so that it wasn't too hot or too cold.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Thank you so much for taking your time to post a review of our hotel. Again, our head housekeeper will be so pleased to hear all the compliments our guests have given her. She really is one-of-a-kind and the reason that our hotel is spotless. And good news, we have updated our wireless Internet to a faster and more reliable service, so our guests will experience consistent and quick service. We also now have AC/Heating units that can be set to a specific temperature. With all these updates, I hope you can stop by again and experience them! Thanks again for your time, we love hearing from our guests.
Celina Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Drive halfway to Baytown from Dallas to stay and have to turn around due to a fire at yur home they will still charge you full price they do not care! All of the attendants at the front desk will give you the run around. I am done with Comforts Suites and Choice Hotels....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank alafrisco
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
I am very sorry about what happened to your home, and I sincerely hope you and your family are doing well. I do apologize for what appears to have been a miscommunication on our part regarding our cancellation policy, which is by 6pm the day of the reservation. After 6pm we must charge for the room. I apologize again if one of our guest service attendants failed to inform you properly of our policy, and we will ensure from now on that all our guests fully understand said policy. Thank you for your time.
Monroe
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I come to Baytown frequently for business and decided to try the Comfort Suites. It is easily the nicest hotel I have stayed at in Baytown. The rooms are large, clean, and well designed. The public areas are beautiful and all the amenities were included.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business