“Very Surprised”

Comfort Suites Baytown
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Baytown
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites-Baytown for two nights while attending a wedding nearby. I did not see any of the problems reported by previous reviewers. I was impressed with the building, room, and service. I did think the regular price of the room was a little high but we received a group discount that brought the price down to reasonable. After seeing the cleanliness of the hotel I think that the regular price might even be worth the money!

The first thing that struck us as we walked into the lobby was a clean, lemony smell. Service at check-in was great. We were early but our room was ready so we were given our keys. The room was just as clean! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I opened my door in the afternoon to the smell of fresh baked cookies. They were still warm when I made it down to the lobby.

Breakfast was about average. They had the usual breads and cereals then also an egg, meat, and waffle iron.

The location was very close to major roads. We were on the road-side of the building but were not bothered by traffic sounds. The parking lot was well lit and seemed very safe.

Some unusual requests were made by members of our group and the front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. They were more than friendly and helpful. Also, we tried to request that our bed not be made and the floor vacuumed since we were only staying two nights but the Hotel housekeeper's conscience wouldn't let her leave until she just cleaned "just one more thing." We wanted to make things easier for her but she insisted she do her best job.

There is a small pool, a hot tub, and a fitness center located at the first floor level. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

I was very happy with this hotel stay and would return here if I find myself in Baytown again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christytra
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel; our head housekeeper will be so happy to hear her staff received rave reviews. I'm also glad to hear the cookies were a big hit! You may be pleased to know that we have listened to suggestions about our breakfast, and we have tweaked our cooking methods, and offer spicy salsa for your eggs! Also, we now have a manager's reception every Wednesday that features complimentary beverages and finger foods. So stop by the next time you're in town!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Baytown

Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed at the Comfort Suites in Baytown for 2 nights for a friend's wedding. The property is new and has been maintained nicely, everything is spotless. The rooms are spacious and the beds/linens are comfortable. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dark but the facilitie were nice. Breakfast was standard continental fare plus two hot items (sausage patties and eggs). Free wifi was handy but a little inconsistent (went out twice during my stay).

I do have one recommendation: with all the modern amenities, why not implement a temperature controlled AC/heating system? The old "warm/cold" with low, medium, and high settings seemed more motel than hotel. I had a hard time controlling the temperature in my room so that it wasn't too hot or too cold.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking your time to post a review of our hotel. Again, our head housekeeper will be so pleased to hear all the compliments our guests have given her. She really is one-of-a-kind and the reason that our hotel is spotless. And good news, we have updated our wireless Internet to a faster and more reliable service, so our guests will experience consistent and quick service. We also now have AC/Heating units that can be set to a specific temperature. With all these updates, I hope you can stop by again and experience them! Thanks again for your time, we love hearing from our guests.

Reviewed 6 March 2010

Drive halfway to Baytown from Dallas to stay and have to turn around due to a fire at yur home they will still charge you full price they do not care! All of the attendants at the front desk will give you the run around. I am done with Comforts Suites and Choice Hotels....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank alafrisco
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

I am very sorry about what happened to your home, and I sincerely hope you and your family are doing well. I do apologize for what appears to have been a miscommunication on our part regarding our cancellation policy, which is by 6pm the day of the reservation. After 6pm we must charge for the room. I apologize again if one of our guest service attendants failed to inform you properly of our policy, and we will ensure from now on that all our guests fully understand said policy. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

I come to Baytown frequently for business and decided to try the Comfort Suites. It is easily the nicest hotel I have stayed at in Baytown. The rooms are large, clean, and well designed. The public areas are beautiful and all the amenities were included.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Stay next door or elsewhere, not worth the price paid!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank toletiquesbysam

I appreciate your honesty regarding our hotel, and I'm sorry to hear you were not pleased with your accommodations. We at the Comfort Suites strive to provide a product and service that meets high expectations while offering affordable rates. I urge you to give us another try. I believe our combination of oversize rooms, granite countertops, 32' flat panel televisions, exercise room, saline pool and spa, and complimentary hot breakfast will convince you that we are worth every penny. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 10 July 2009

Stayed several weeks at this great hotel on business. Super clean, friendly staff and overall well managed hotel. I like the fact that it is not located right on top of the interstate like many hotels I've stayed. Being a couple of hundred yards away created a quieter experience. I preferred the upper north side which had a nice view of green fields.Very quiet. All of the best restaurants and stores are conviently located. My coworkers also use this same hotel and recommended it to me. It's new, reasonably priced and really nice. Has LCD television, sofa area, refridge and microwave. Easy wireless access at no extra charge. Nice excercise room and the pool is really clean and fairly private. I found the breakfast bar better than average and well attended. The waffle maker is great and the brewed coffee is rich (better than starbucks imho). I've stayed at many hotels in this price range over the past year and this is my favorite. Very nice and highly recommend. Oh yeah, 25 minutes from downtown Houston.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Security cameras are conviently broken in this high crime area. Car got broken into with severe damage to door and had $2500.00 of merchandise stolen from car. Other cars were broken into as well. With no security around, this hotel is a dream come true for thieves. Do not stay here!!!! My family is still crying in Louisiana!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank veronicamia

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, and I'm sorry for what happened to your property. We have a quiet location next to several neighborhoods and quality restaurants, but we still work hard to provide security to our guests. Our neighborhood has regular police patrols, and our video cameras are in tip-top shape and cover sixteen different angles of the hotel and parking lot. I do apologize that our measures were not at their best during your stay, and I guarantee that you would feel completely safe staying at our hotel for your next trip. The security of our guests is one of our top priorities and we work hard to ensure it.

Carolyn Dockery