“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Front desk agent couldn't get a proper key to function - had to return to the front desk twice to get the key card to work. The restaurant wait staff were slow and inattentive at best. My burger didn't come with any of the items it said on the menu, and the wait staff never even came to check on me until it was time to pay the bill. Very poor restaurant service overall. However, the hotel room was comfortable and served it's purpose with little complaint. Overall, this is just an average hotel that is a good place to rest your eyes, but don't eat at the restaurant for dinner - maybe the wait staff is better at other meal times.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor near the vending machines and it was very quiet.
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Hello Casper,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us feedback. I understand your frustrations but would like to ensure you that the service and quality of food you received at our restaurant is not a true reflection of what we have to offer. I am confident that if you chose to stay and dine with us again you would have a much better experience. Please know that we value your business and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

Richard Chanofsky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Room was nice and clean,nice bathroom amenities , quiet, front desk staff Bobbie Jo , and Mackenzie were exceptional representatives of the hotel.

Fitness room was ok, bar was small but nice , bartender very friendly, food pretty good.

Pool was nice. Towels clean and soft.

Airport transportation was swift and reliable.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hello Hboss1225,

I have read through your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind compliments. I am glad we were able to meet your needs while you traveled through DFW. Please keep us in mind the next time you come through town. We are grateful for your business.

Tirana, Albania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Overall, a decent stay. The location is terrific. Clean. Quiet. Friendly service. And, comfortable beds. But, the rooms were nothing spectacular. I was expecting something a wee bit bigger. And, our view? A wall. The elevator was extremely slow. It was quicker to take the stairs. The internet wi-fi coverage was less than adequate, sometimes with little or no reception at all. The price ranged from $85-$99/night depending on the day of the week.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. If the price were a bit lower I certainly would. Otherwise, I would likely stay elsewhere considering there are a number of other hotels/motels in the same area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hello GBDILL,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a thorough review. I'm glad you enjoyed the comforts of your room, but I understand your frustrations about the WiFi. Please know that we are actively working on enhancing our WiFi, and I am confident that the issue will be resolved before you visit again. We would be grateful for another change to try to earn your loyalty so please keep us in mind the next time you are traveling.

Midland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is awesome!!! Everyone was very welcoming. Bronwyn Jackson was great. She is very friendly. Richard (mgr) Was great also. Very nice and welcoming. I didn't get everyone's name but the girl at the front desk when I checked in on Aug 14th was so friendly and welcoming. The waitress in the bar came around to make sure no one needed anything even outside sitting area. The chef was very nice and the food was amazing. There was a guy at the bar that was helping Bronwyn and he was very polite and friendly. I also want to mention that the guy at the front desk when i was checking out was very polite an eager to help. Overall I had an amazing experience. I would recommend this hotel and I cant wait until I can go back.

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Bwatkins2014,

5 stars! Awesome! I am glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you. We work hard to please our guests, so it is nice to know when we are doing a good job. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback with our future guests. I hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The facilities are great. Up-to-date, and comfortable.
The service from the staff was exceptional; they were all very professional, and friendly. I felt like a VIP.
The food quality in the restaurant was unexpected for a Holiday Inn. They have a real chef on staff!
I travel frequently for work and often stay in a variety of different types of hotels. This one was well above average for me. This property has a new regular customer!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Cassie,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive to please all of our guests, and it is nice to know when we are doing a good job. Our chef is very talented and his food is wonderful, just as you mentioned. I'll make sure to pass your compliments along to him. Best wishes until we see you again.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I recently had a flight canceled which really ticked me off and I didn't think my day could get better but was quite surprised whenever I stayed at this hotel.

American Airlines set me up to stay at the Holiday Inn Bedford which I was happy to hear because I really do enjoy this chain of hotels. After I grabbed my bags Ben was waiting for me at the terminal with a smile, we talked about a few things on the way to the hotel and he informed me of a few restaurants he could take me to at no charge ,seems like a very great guy.

The room was great and was very quiet , I had to go back to the airport at 5 AM and Ben was waiting for me ready to go. he got me there with plenty of time to spare and told me that I could use my breakfast voucher at the airport. I think I may have been a little lost it wasn't for him, DFW has to be the worse airport I have ever visited.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to stay in, wish it could have been under better circumstances but I'm grateful that AA put me up in this place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WilFloyd
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello WillFloyd,

I am glad we were able to turn your day around in the midst of a bad travel day. I know DFW can be overwhelming and flight delays are frustrating, but I am glad American Airlines sent you to our hotel so we could help you. I will make sure to pass your compliments along to Ben; I'm sure he will be glad to know he played an important part in your stay. We would love the opportunity to serve you again, but, as you mentioned, under better circumstances. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Arrived late in the evening after a long drive from Houston. Unloaded the car and was happy to see Bobbie and Sarai (sp?) waiting to help us out. With less than 5 mintutes, we had the key to our room and we were ready for bed. Called down and Bobbie help us out again with some towels and a extra sheets. Called down and Bobbie gave us a great Pizza reference.

The room was decent, kinda small. Still dont understand why Holiday Inn uses Double Beds..... Slept well. The elevator was SLOW and HOT.

THE $14.95 breakfast was not bad.

Great customer service is what made this stay so good, Good job to Bobbie and Sarai

Room Tip: Ask for Bobbi and/or Sarai when contacting the site.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meredith R, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Brian,

Bobbie and Sarai are excellent members of our team, and I am glad to hear they were able to accommodate your needs during your stay at our hotel. It is always great to know when we are providing outstanding customer service. Thank you for the compliment. I will keep your other comments in mind as we are always looking to improve our hotel.

Richard Chanofsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West? Share your experiences!