“ROACHES! Burst water pipes! Ceiling falling down! Horrible management!”

Motel 6 Ft Worth- Bedford
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The worst I have ever seen anywhere - the Health Dept needs to shut it down! Called Motel 6 corporate and they are investigating. It was easy to book online, and I got a special Internet rate when I reserved my deluxe king size room. The manager barely spoke English, kept interrupting my check-in to help other people, and it took 40mins to get keys. Those were to a double queen handicapped room, which had mold and mildew, the ceiling in the bathroom falling down, and a burst water pipe so the carpet was soaking wet. When I asked to switch rooms, they said they didn't have any others - even the one I reserved. I called Motel 6 guest relations, filed a formal complaint, and they called the manager. Lo and behold - there is the room I booked, which they called a "special" room that was more money. It was trashed, too, but we changed to that - still having to pay more money! They did not honor any of our rates at all, and wanted to sell me a week prepaid. The room was worse than a flop house - couch chewed and falling apart; saggy, old bouncy mattress with no pad; no batteries in smoke detector; bullet hole in glass window; rips in carpet; the list goes on. The worst was when a huge Roach ran across the bed! We hightailed it out of there and went to Value Place in Trophy Club, which is clean and a good value.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel - ever! Use Value Place in Trophy Club for weekly stays.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Got a King Suite - Had a desk no Chair, Brought this to their attention. Response "You need a chair? " Room 204 - Pillows looked to be 20 years old. Toliet had to use the Ice bucket to add water to the back after flushing - Float Mech. needs replaced . Stayed here when it was a Comfort Inn - No Problem . Conforter was a Dark Green with a large spot ( I suspect Bleech) on it. The phone key pad looked liked someone poured coke on ot Keys stuck . I did agressive request a replacement - They gave me a new one. My stay here was only a total of 4 days until I moved to La Quinta . I suspect if a little is Maintence and Upkeep is notll this MOTEL DUMP invested in You can ca

Room Tip: DiD not have resterant and Swing pool - No rating for N/A Only plus I can find is the Location to Ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I wanted a microwave and fridge and was given each. The bed is pretty comfortable but still needs a topper for my taste. The bedspreads show signs of being washed often which is a good thing. I saw bed pads...used to protect the mattress..out in the hall to be washed...that is a good thing. This was a Comfort Inn prior to becoming Motel 6 and is so much better than the normal Motel 6.

Room Tip: The overall attitude of staff is usually reflected in the property.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This Motel 6 was previously a Comfort Inn. The only positive things I can say are the rooms are very large with a lot of open space and the fitness equipment was actually in decent shape. Keeping in mind that this is a lower end motel chain I will try and be fair.

The first room he put me in was not clean so he had to give me another room. The website stated that all rooms included a microwave and fridge which is not true. In time housekeeping brought me a dirty fridge but she said "this one works". I was told later that very few rooms have the microwave/fridge combo and the management is doing away with them as they quit working. The walls are filthy, stains, spots and soda drip lines running down them. The Comfort Inn phone labels had been ripped off leaving sticker residue and no new info labels. Linens are old, torn and stained. The bed was just OK. The bathroom: sink was missing a stopper but otherwise gets a passing grade. The walls are terribly thin so be prepared to hear everything that goes on in the rooms next to you.

The first thing I noticed as I entered the room was the door swing bar/lock in my room was broken, missing a part so there was no way to secure it. I went back down to the lobby to ask the manager if he could repair it. He came and looked at it and said "use this one" referring to the deadbolt. I commented about safety and he said "you be fine".

The hotel is filthy with trash from the parking lot, to the lobby and throughout the halls. I stayed 3 weeks, because of price and location, and the same trash was on the floor in the lobby when I left as when I arrived. Many of the window screens were laying on the ground or roof, bent and broken. The side door key box did not work. The vending area was dirty and machines were rusted. It appears the new management simply ripped down all old sign from the Comfort Inn days and made no attempt to repair holes in the walls or put new decorations up.

I was told by staff that the manager rarely brings in maintenance and it definitely shows. Most of the staff are very nice and will do what they can to make you happy but its obvious the owner/manager has no interest in anything but taking your credit card. I didn't expect much from a Motel 6 as I have stayed at many of them, but I did expect more than this property is providing. It's a shame that the owner is letting it run down.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank paradiseseeker2001
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I stayed here in December of 2009 on business and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms had been recently remodeled (I saw several being cleaned) with paint and carpet looking brand new. The T.V. was older, the heater worked great on a very cold night. They were painting in the hallways the day I left and it did smell of paint. The breakfast was nothing fancy with the typical hotel fruit, waffles, cereal but was very passable. The clerk was polite and new the area. She also mentioned they were still in the process of finishing the remodeling. All in all I thought it was a great value near DFW, especially compared to the much higher rates at several other hotels I tried.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2007

The hotel is worn. Wall paper falling off the wall. Stained curtains.
Staff was nice.
Continental breakfast was all bread. No proteins. Not even any type of juice: Coffee, Milk. Water.
And breads and cereals.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank EM57_Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2005

We were in town for the NASCAR race. At check in the clerk tried to raise our RESERVED room rate by $41 without my knowledge. When I called her on it she began yelling at me. I finally got the room rate back to where we reseved it and went to my room where I found two lightbulbs out so I went back down to the desk to get more. At this point I overheard the employee telling another employee how she "shut me up" and calling me flithy names. I spoke with the manager on duty and he had no comment and didn't even apologize for the incidents. This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I filed a complaint with Choice Hotels international and the property totally ignored them as well. You're better off sleeping in your car than staying at this property.

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford
Super 8 Bedford DFW Airport West
Motel 6 Dallas - Euless
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford

Been to Motel 6 Ft Worth- Bedford? Share your experiences!