“Great Beds!”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend. The property itself is right off the highway, but because of the way it is built, it seems more secluded than that. The women at the front desk were very helpful, trying to get our three rooms in close proximity to each other. The rooms were clean, but seemed a little old. It is a non-smoking property, but you could tell the rooms used to be smoking rooms. It wasn't real strong, but you could still smell it. There was no refrigerator or microwave, which was a minus. It was also kind of laid out weird. The TV was to the side of the bed, so the person against the wall, would have to look over their bed partner's body to see the TV, if they were watching in bed. However, I will say, the beds were fabulous. Extremely comfortable. Better than the bed I have at home! I got a good rate online, so I feel the value was good. There were many restaurants close by. I don't know if we'll stay there again, but it's a place that I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dasaky
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport. I'm happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

The ants were an issue, they were in both beds. I told the front desk and they cleaned them right away and the issue was resolved.

I just expected more from Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
cheri f, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thank you for the kind comments. We appreciate you and your business. We hope that you stay with us again should your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We travelled to Texas for a few days in late April and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Bedford Texas. The location was close to the DFW Airport (approx. 10 min) and 30 min from Fort Worth. The hotel was nice. Linens were very nice. We stayed in a King room with walkout to a nice pool, gazebo and garden area. We asked ahead for extra linens, a mini fridge and an early check in and were very happy to see that all was ready for us when we checked in. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean. Saw a few ants in the (6 in total during our 3 night stay) but it's Texas and supposedly ants are a problem there. They didn't bite or anything which was good. We didn't use the facilities or hotel restaurant so no opinion there. The indoor pool closed at 10pm which maybe could have been opened until 11pm. Complimentary in-room internet but we couldn't get it working so we checked our emails etc by using the hotel lobby business centre which was convenient.

Would stay again if we travelled there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to have you experience our Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport superior service. We are so happy you afforded us this opportunity to show our hospitality. You are a valued guest and we hope you will continue to make this your home away from home.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I got stranded in Dallas because of Airline incompetence and they gave me a voucher to stay here. I was expecting the same as my travel on the airline but was pleasantly surprised. i called the hotel to ask them to pick me up. They arrived within 5 minutes. The hotel is South of the airport and somewhat isolated, but i got a room right away. It was clean, comfortable, and reasonable (with the voucher). I think the regular rate was higher than it's worth (I could have stayed at the Westin for $119), but with the voucher I paid $59.

Room was cleaner than most 5 stars. Only think that would have been nice is better (newer) linens. These were a bit worn and not the typical nice linens you'd get a regular Marriott. But they were clean.

Free internet and hot breakfast a bonus.
Good option if you get stuck in DFW.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay as our Guest and for taking the time to write this nice review. We strive to provide our Guest exceptional service and I am thrilled to see we are doing so. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2009

Our room was aggressively clean -- I say this because even the nicer hotels typically have dingy grout or a spot here or there, but our room was spotless. The shower was great, the beds were very comfortable. All the basics were top-notch.

The only cons: on checking in, was told that my points qualified me for something from the market, so I asked for a bottle of water for me and one for my companion. Was told I could have only one (so I bought a second). Once in the room, we found a bottle of water waiting for us, but with a price tag attached. Correct Dallas adjective: Tacky. The other con was that the breakfast was not included with the room and it was really pretty awful -- my MIL declared you could drive roofing nails with the sausages.

Other hotels at this level have more "includeds", but this should not detract from the overall good review of this location.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank Flahdagal

Thank you for your feedback - we're sorry your breakfast didn't live up to your expectations. We appreciate your suggestions and will share them with our chefs, kitchen staff and servers whose goal is to serve our guests fresh, tasty, healthy meals. On your next visit to our area, we hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent food, service and hospitality we're known for.

Reviewed 16 July 2008

Recently we stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Bedford, Texas. We made our reservations 3 months ago and were told we would have one of the better rooms. We received near the worst room at the motel as far away from everything as a person could get. The room was smaller than we had stayed in other Courtyards but the worst thing was the towels and sheets. The towels had yellow splotches on them and were the roughest bath towel I have ever experienced anywhere. The sheets were worn out as the bottom fitted sheet would not stay on the bed. I put it on 4 times the first night and then gave up. Before morning I was sleeping on the bare mattress pad and mattress. This was totally unsanitary for no telling how many people before me had slept on the same situation as I had to sleep on. The next day I looked on the cart which was outside the room and found all the sheets were in the same condition. I filed a complaint and a representative of the hotel e-mailed me saying they were aware of the problems and were going to purge the towels and sheets as soon as they were able. They gave a 10,000 bonus Marriott points for my less than acceptable stay. This is the first Marriott Courtyard I have ever had any problems. So beware unless you like sleeping on a bare mattress hundreds of other have slept on without being cleaned.

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry for the condition of your room, which is not typical, and we have had this addressed. We appreciate your business and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again with a much better experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2008

Had a nice stay at the hotel and I'd say it was a solid, above-par experience. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The desk-within-a-desk was a nice touch and allowed me to work off the laptop at a more reasonable level.

Actually, the room size seemed larger than normal and that was a pleasant surprise. Also, the personalized thermostats in the room was a nice touch and very responsive to command. High-speed wired Internet worked great.

Next morning found a USA Today at the door and enjoyed a decent breakfast buffet before leaving.

Only downside was a very squeeky bathroom door that could have used a shot of WD-40. Otherwise, I'd easily recommend the Courtyard for the business traveler.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for choosing to stay with Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back again during your next visit into the city!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West
Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford? Share your experiences!