“Great stay at Marriott Courtyard”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Georgetown, Canada
“Great stay at Marriott Courtyard”
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We travelled to Texas for a few days in late April and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Bedford Texas. The location was close to the DFW Airport (approx. 10 min) and 30 min from Fort Worth. The hotel was nice. Linens were very nice. We stayed in a King room with walkout to a nice pool, gazebo and garden area. We asked ahead for extra linens, a mini fridge and an early check in and were very happy to see that all was ready for us when we checked in. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean. Saw a few ants in the (6 in total during our 3 night stay) but it's Texas and supposedly ants are a problem there. They didn't bite or anything which was good. We didn't use the facilities or hotel restaurant so no opinion there. The indoor pool closed at 10pm which maybe could have been opened until 11pm. Complimentary in-room internet but we couldn't get it working so we checked our emails etc by using the hotel lobby business centre which was convenient.

Would stay again if we travelled there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I got stranded in Dallas because of Airline incompetence and they gave me a voucher to stay here. I was expecting the same as my travel on the airline but was pleasantly surprised. i called the hotel to ask them to pick me up. They arrived within 5 minutes. The hotel is South of the airport and somewhat isolated, but i got a room right away. It was clean, comfortable, and reasonable (with the voucher). I think the regular rate was higher than it's worth (I could have stayed at the Westin for $119), but with the voucher I paid $59.

Room was cleaner than most 5 stars. Only think that would have been nice is better (newer) linens. These were a bit worn and not the typical nice linens you'd get a regular Marriott. But they were clean.

Free internet and hot breakfast a bonus.
Good option if you get stuck in DFW.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Largo, FL
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Our room was aggressively clean -- I say this because even the nicer hotels typically have dingy grout or a spot here or there, but our room was spotless. The shower was great, the beds were very comfortable. All the basics were top-notch.

The only cons: on checking in, was told that my points qualified me for something from the market, so I asked for a bottle of water for me and one for my companion. Was told I could have only one (so I bought a second). Once in the room, we found a bottle of water waiting for us, but with a price tag attached. Correct Dallas adjective: Tacky. The other con was that the breakfast was not included with the room and it was really pretty awful -- my MIL declared you could drive roofing nails with the sausages.

Other hotels at this level have more "includeds", but this should not detract from the overall good review of this location.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank Flahdagal
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Recently we stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Bedford, Texas. We made our reservations 3 months ago and were told we would have one of the better rooms. We received near the worst room at the motel as far away from everything as a person could get. The room was smaller than we had stayed in other Courtyards but the worst thing was the towels and sheets. The towels had yellow splotches on them and were the roughest bath towel I have ever experienced anywhere. The sheets were worn out as the bottom fitted sheet would not stay on the bed. I put it on 4 times the first night and then gave up. Before morning I was sleeping on the bare mattress pad and mattress. This was totally unsanitary for no telling how many people before me had slept on the same situation as I had to sleep on. The next day I looked on the cart which was outside the room and found all the sheets were in the same condition. I filed a complaint and a representative of the hotel e-mailed me saying they were aware of the problems and were going to purge the towels and sheets as soon as they were able. They gave a 10,000 bonus Marriott points for my less than acceptable stay. This is the first Marriott Courtyard I have ever had any problems. So beware unless you like sleeping on a bare mattress hundreds of other have slept on without being cleaned.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2008

Had a nice stay at the hotel and I'd say it was a solid, above-par experience. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The desk-within-a-desk was a nice touch and allowed me to work off the laptop at a more reasonable level.

Actually, the room size seemed larger than normal and that was a pleasant surprise. Also, the personalized thermostats in the room was a nice touch and very responsive to command. High-speed wired Internet worked great.

Next morning found a USA Today at the door and enjoyed a decent breakfast buffet before leaving.

Only downside was a very squeeky bathroom door that could have used a shot of WD-40. Otherwise, I'd easily recommend the Courtyard for the business traveler.

• Liked — Large, clean rooms
  • Disliked — Squeeky bathroom door
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I spent one night here because of an early morning flight. I just walked in and received a nice room for only $69. Once I entered the room, I regretted I could not stay more than one night. The room was not very large only because it has a king size bed, two end tables, sofa, coffee table, desk with a pullout keyboard desk, chest of drawers, and a television entertainment center. It also had a patio. If I am in the area again, I will go back. It was only a 15 minute drive from DFW and only a few minutes drive from many shopping stores and restuarants.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 16 February 2007

I stayed here as a result of my flight out of Dallas being cancelled. They provide ground transportation to and from the airport. Staff was professional and courteous. Room and hotel overall was very clean. Breakfast, as in all Courtyards, was available at a cost. I chose the buffet for $8.95 and thought it to be very good. I worked out in their fitness center which was adequate (room was too warm). The hotel is within walking distance of a Bennigans (20% discount with room key) and a seafood restaurant. Their businees center enabled me to print my boarding pass. Free wired internet service and nice in-room desk. No complaints and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank harrier86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford? Share your experiences!