“Excellent Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beeville
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was a very nice hotel the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfy. When we checked in we were greeted by the manager Hema Gandhi and she was very nice to us when we finished checking in she gave us a goodie bag. They even serve cookies with coffee in the afternoons. Overall we had a very nice stay if I were rank this hotel on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give it an 11!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
BeevillesTopHotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beeville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was wonderful. We hope to see you soon.

Hema Gandhi

GM

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I am a business traveler and booked a room at this hotel. During this week i stayed the majority of the stay was acceptable except for the noise in the suite above me and that I had to call 3 times to the front desk to ask that it be addressed. I had previously booked a room for the following week, On monday the day i was due to arrive my flight was cancelled and i was unable to make the reservation. I called the hotel before 10am that morning and explained the situation but was told that because it was less than 24 hours that i would be charged. I asked that since i was a gold priority club member and that this situation was out of my control if I would be waived the cancelation fee, however that was denied. I asked to speak to the General Manager, Hema Ghandi and she was not in and could be reached the following day. The following day i looked at my credit card statement and found that i was charged for the one night stay as well as the entire weekly rate. I called the office and asked if i could get an explination of the charges and i was told that it was charged due to me not making the reservation. I asked to speak with the GM and was told that she was not in. I called the priority club number at holiday inn express and filed a complaint about the situation but was told that they could only log the complaint not actually do anything about it.
After trying to reach the GM a third time i finally got through to her. I explained the situation and she told me that she could not reverse the charge, it had to be done at the corportate level, which i was told by corporate that it could only be done on the hotel level.
When i gave her the complaint number from the corporate level she expressed that complaint would do me no good since the corporate office didn't have any control over her hotel.
I am completely appauled at the customer service that is demonstrated on the staff level but more so at the manager customer service. From these reviews on trip advisor and her knowledge of how the complaints work at the corporate level I would guess that she has received many complaints. Do not be fooled by the fact that it is a small town and there are few hotels. Best western and soon La Quinta will be open as well as small "off chain" hotels are usually available. If you have a choice, I would choose NOT to stay here.

And lastly, they are over charging for what they provide. Usually HIE runs $99-140 for a room in a very remote location as Beevile. But their going rate is $189. I don't even pay for my hotel stays but it is not worth the money and if you for some reason can't make your trip; don't expect a refund.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank D K
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel is new, clean and comfortable. We thought it was just fine for us. We had taken our granddaughter there for cheerleading competition the next morning. We were running late, and when we turned on the hair dryer, nothing happened. I called the front desk in a panic, and explained that we had to be at the high school in 30 minutes and she still had wet hair. They rushed another hair dryer up in less than a minute. Thank you
The pool was nice and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank barbarapitts
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I booked an executive king room for 9 nights (August 4th - August 12th - I am still in the hotel as I type this review) and upon arriving I was told that the person who booked me was new and accidentally double booked my room; therefor I had to take a room with 2 double beds for the first night, check out in the morning, take my luggage with me, and check back in later that afternoon. I didn't have much of a choice at the time so I did just that.

Upon checking back in later that afternoon I was informed that my reserved room (executive king) was under maintanence for the rest of my stay therefor I will have to downgrade to another two double bed room for the night and then check out & check back in the next night if I wanted to move to a regular king for 2 nights, then back to a 2 double afterwards. The manager "Hema Gandhi" has no remorse and is not willing to offer any compensation or uprades for your troubles. She simply said that they have a high demand and if I don't like it to stay somewhere else".

A few other complaints: The gym only has 3 cheap cardio machines, the wireless internet is slower than dial up, the tap/shower water smells like sewage, and i found ants in my room.

The only plus to this hotel is that it's about 2 years old and has the nicest rooms of any hotel in the area. I will never stay here again unless they get new management and learn how to treat their customers.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank McKesson
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had a really enjoyable experience. Quiet location, curtious staff who was quick to solve any issues we had, clean rooms, and fast internet speed! We will not stay at any other hotel while in that area!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Just wanted to inform you Linda is very "Hitler" like. I have been reading the comments and she likes to to run off people by emailing them (which is cowardly) or having her tatoo'd son tell them to go away. This hotel is the only decent hotel there, so you have no choice but to be a robot. You have to be careful with what your doing. Also she needs to put herself in the customers shoes. I mean who wouldn't be pissed if there was a $1400 charge to there credit card. Espicially if some people save up for years and then for a mistake to happen and for LInda to give attitude by saying not to come back-I mean come on!!. I hope she takes customer service classes.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank nickyortiz80
Reviewed 12 April 2010

OK, here is the story. My new job keeps me on the road 4 nights a week, so I joined the Member Rewards Program for Holiday Inn. I stayed at the Beeville Holliday Inn for about 3 weeks. It has pretty horrid Internet (well horrid wireless internet. If you plug in a cable it is ok). It would be fine till about 6PM then it just DIED. You could not get a connection that stayed alive for more than a few min. I went for three weeks having really horrid internet, then I decided to move hotels.
That week I got an internet survey from Holliday Inn Corporate, asking how I like the place. (I'm a member, remember?). Well I told them. I tell them that the internet is horrid, and the staff is considerably less than stellar, and I'm moving to the Best Western that is next door.
Next week I stay at the Best Western, like it a lot. The staff was nice, and the internet didn't crash.
So, on Feb 21 I went to book into the Best Western again, only I see that I couldn't get hotels.com rewards through them, and I really wanted them for a trip I was planning with my son. So I swallowed hard and booked 4 nights at the Holliday Inn.
Well Monday night comes and I go to check into the Holliday Inn. I find I'm not getting the corporate rate I am supposed to get there. (My company had 4 or 5 of us there at the time.) They said they can't change it... I said know this isn't true because the Best Western can. (Turns out I was wrong about that. I was confused. My bad.) No raised voice, no anger, no swearing, but I was rather annoyed.
So the night desk guy ( don't know his name, he always wears a long sleeve shirt to cover his extensive tattoo collection, but can't be bothered to tuck it in) says I need to talk to the manager on the phone (who he also calls "Mom"). Well SHE comes on the phone and says "Mr. Kelly, I read your comments, I thought you didn't want to stay with us anymore." She's not yelling or angry or anything, but her voice was somewhat icy. More like a school principal than a hotel manager. At this point I figured the game was up, there is no way I'm getting any break on the rate from this lady. So I decided to be honest and I said "Well to be honest I didn't, but I don't get my hotels.com rewards at the Best Western." Since it's obvious that I'm not going to get Mom the manager to bump my rate down, I sigh I figure I'll just deal with it. I hand the phone back to the desk clerk.
Well I guess I must have really hacked off Tattoo clerk's Mom because he waits about a minute and says "Mom... Mom... I have the phone now... no it's me... he gave me back the phone." There is a pause then he says "She says she doesn't want you here. You'll have to go to the Best Western." Well this was a little shocking, but tattoo boy was astonishingly cool about it, said they would work with Hotels.com to make sure I got a full refund. He was good to his word too. I got no cancellation fee or penalty. In 72 hours it was all be back on my credit card.
So there I was, Monday night, Beeville Texas, kicked out of my hotel and for the next 72 hours my credit card was maxed out for a hotel room I wasn't going to be allowed to use. Not exactly what I had expected when I joined the Holiday Inn member rewards program.
I was lucky, the Best Western had an open room, and I had enough in savings I could pay for the room till my credit card got refunded. Like I said Hotels.com and tattoo guy were good to their word, and all my $$ came back to me in the end.
The place is clean, and the breakfast is good. Wed. night they have free nachos and beer in the breakfast room (ice chest of Bud light) for a 'managers reception" . Beds were great. Rooms were quiet. The staff pretty much had the attitude though that their jobs would be a lot easier if those pesky guests would just leave them alone so they could gossip and watch the lobby tv.
One last note, the only way into/out of this hotel's parking lot is located on the reverse slope of a hill, so if you are heading North/East on 59 you can NOT see what is coming at you when you make the left turn to get into the parking lot. You just have to say a prayer and hope there isn't a semi on the other side of the hill. Contrawise if you are heading south/west on 59, you don't see the turn (or anyone making a turn) into the parking lot till you are literally right up on it. Pulling out in the morning can be fun too. I can't believe this got approved, because someone is going to get killed there some day.
So while I was thankful that I didn't get ripped off for a fee,

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business