“Worst Motel in America? Mouse, Bed Bugs Mould - STAY AWAY”
Review of Motel 6 Beeville

Motel 6 Beeville
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
Toronto, Canada
“Worst Motel in America? Mouse, Bed Bugs Mould - STAY AWAY”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Motel 6 in Beeville, Texas, featured a mouse under the covers, a bed bug infestation, mould, stained carpets, constantly refilling toilets, broken doors, missing/ broken TV remotes all for the price of $99 a night.

We arrived at the Motel 6 after a long day on the road. We came for the TexasMile.

The door seemed jammed, tough to get it to open. The room is dirty but serviceable, the TV is already on. There is no remote. There is no visible controls for the TV.

What is that sound every 10 seconds? Oh the toilet is broken and constantly refilling itself. Grab onto the lid to take a look, and discover that it's broken as well.

We go to the office where they give us a new remote, that WE have to program ourselves. We give up after numerous attempts. Turns out there are hidden controls on the TV at least.

We get some sleep on our first night by listening to our iPod's all night long. We let them know our issues at the front desk.

After a long day at the track, we return to our room to see some of our issues have been dealt with. We now have a working TV remote. The toilet tank lid has been replaced, by one from a different toilet - that is comically smaller. Ironically, the smaller size allows more toilet refilling noise to fill the room.

We find a post it note with some other Motel 6 room issues:
231 Mold
127 Latch Broken & Vanity Light
201 phone not working

So at least we can't visually see any mould in our room. Who knows what is lurking in our room we can't see. We're about to find out.

My brother wakes up screaming at 4 in the morning thinking a cockroach is in his bed. We turn on the lights to discover not a cockroach, but a MOUSE.

I grab my phone and take a picture. In our sleep-addled state we are unable to catch the MOUSE, but see it dart under the bed. We decide not to investigate what else is under there.

We show front desk our MOUSE photo, but unfortunately there are no rooms we can move into that night. We spend the rest of our time in the room fully dressed with our socks pulled up over our pants.

The next day our stuff is moved out of the room while we wait for a new room to become available. After another long day at the track, we go to the front desk to inquire about our new room. The guy working the front desk thinks the MOUSE was funny, and asks us "if we fed him any cheese." This was not appreciated.

Our new room was still disgusting, stained carpet, holes in the blankets, but at least there was a chance no rodents were under the bed. After asking to speak to the manager, who was off for the weekend, we were comped a single night.

We packed up the next morning and went to the track before continuing on our road trip

The next morning I woke up to discover tiny bite marks all over my body. Someone advised that they were most probably bed bug bites. Days later they continue to itch and have begin to swell.

So to reiterate- the Motel 6 in Beeville, Texas, featured a mouse under the covers, a bed bug infestation, mold, stained carpets, constantly refilling toilets, broken doors, missing/ broken TV remotes all for $99 a night.

After visiting this motel I have PTSD and still feel bugs on me - and now have to throw away everything we brought with us on our trip.

What do you think would make us ever visit a Motel 6 again? What would compensate us for the horrible experience we had at your establishment? I sent a letter to Motel 6 Guest Relations, and got a form letter back passing the buck " This is an independently owned franchised property, owned by Mr. Rajan Bhakta - thank you for taking the time to express your concerns."

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sugar Land
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went there one time and had 4 quests for the first night. At the second night the guest number reduced to 3 and I was made to pay for 4 quests because there system cannot adjust the fees except the owner only authorized to do so. Thief and this is Baloney! I was given a room at another time that they had heavy rain that took their electricity off for whole night and no generator. The next day there was soaked stinking carpet in my room, called the room service fro help. he said, is it soaked water or just wet? what a question! There was a big hole on the wall and I reported it and they said we aware of it. Why would you charge me same rate as others for same crap room. At other time, I was given a room with no microwave and dirty refrigerator which I complaint about. I was asked to come down to carry the microwave myself. They overcharged and hide under good name Motel 6. I had stayed at Motel 6 in other cities and they're far better than this Ludacris Monkey Jungle of a place. The whole staff need to be replace and upgrade the hotel amenities in my opinion. Hotel management board need to visit this place or close it down.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Joseph O
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Beeville, responded to this review, 30 October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Beeville hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Apparently they are price gouging due to work in the area. This is, at best, a $35 room and that is being VERY generous! Run down dirty rooms and not even a coffee pot. Take my advice and pass this place by. Very dissatisfied! !

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank jimenyr
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Beeville, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear jimenyr - Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness issues and room conditions you encountered. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have never stayed in a place so nasty! First thing I notice is a roach in the bathroom floor... And then another... And then another on the wall by the bed! Then notice how nasty and stained the sheets were, the lock would barley lock on the door, the floors are disgusting. If I could have stayed somewhere else I would have and before staying here again, I would sleep in my car! Everything is rusted and coming apart and everything else. I'm surprised this place is even still allowed to be open! My stay was not very pleasant. The only good thing is that it was cheap but now I see why! This room is worth $10!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Eashaw13
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Having stayed in the area for over 12 years for work and pleasure, I finally had to get a room at Motel 6 since the other hotel chains in town were full that weekend. Well all of the rumors I heard were true. The air condition in our room blew warm mold filled air and there were visible cigarette burns in the comforters in a non smoking room. The carpet was covered in stains and you wish you had flip flops to walk around the room. What ever happened to quality and people taking pride in their hotels or motels for that matter?. These chains need to see what people are doing to their names and franchises!!.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank salezmun66
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at this motel (2 different rooms) for 5 nights in February 2012 for business. Ive stayed at many Motel 6's and have come to realize that they are more of a value motel than a luxury however this motel was neither. It wasnt the worst/dirtiest/etc but I likely wouldnt stay there again unless I had to. Here are a few thoughts:

Good: updated shower and vanity, clean sheets, lots of complimentary soap, microwave/fridge, relatively new flatscreen TVs, rooms had neutral smell (not stinky or smoky), pool looked pretty good but I didnt use it

Neutral: beds, road noise from highway - though the AC would cover this when running

Bad: cleanliness (hair in sink and mint stuck to bathroom floor), TERRIBLE OLD THIN towels - atleast they were clean, TERRIBLE FLAT pillow, most of my neighbors were somewhat loud and a bit shady

I didnt pay the bill for this stay as my company covered it but even so, I would still say this motel isnt a good value at almost 90 bucks a night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank James K
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I booked this motel because it was the only one available and had to have rooms for my guests. We payed in advance...BIG MISTAKE. My guests checked out early by one day, called the motel to request a refund....that's when the runaround started. They would not credit my card! Called the credit card company and took care of it that method. Just because the area is booming doesn't give business' the right to treat people like crap!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business