“Have to work on the cleanliness...”
Review of Hotel M

Hotel M
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
Reviewed 2 August 2010

In this stagnant economy, you have to give business owners a chance to survive. If you are having a tough time filling your rooms, the least you can do is make sure they are clean.
We were in town to photograph a wedding (the local town folk are some of the nicest people you will ever meet) and we really should not complain since it was paid for by the bride's family. But we would like to see the new owners of this place, come out on top and have a great place for travelers to rest their tired feet...hence this review.
When we first checked in, they would not take the credit card information over the phone from one of the family members. So they had to drop everything, run over to pay for the room, and then run back to continue the wedding preparations. A small inconvenience but again, people in Beeville will always go the extra mile to help anyone.
At first glance, the pool and the area around it are really nice. In walking into the room, it looked clean. The a/c was off (have to save money in trying times) and there was no smell of residue smoke when turned on (we asked for a non-smoking room, even though I smoke) which was a pleasant relief. Left for a bite to eat, to check out the Church, and reception venues, giving the room a chance to cool down.
Upon finishing the wedding and looking forward to just collapsing for a good night's rest, the details started coming out.
The new owners may have updated the vanity and the bathroom, but the drains would not work properly. Small inconvenience that one can overlook.
Pulled back my bedcovers and with the South Texas news reports on a bed bug problem, I was joking around saying I must look for bed bugs. Well, low and behold, there was one right in the middle of the bed (have pictures to prove it). It was dead ( the room had a faint smell of insecticide) and earlier I had seen an exterminator truck by the lobby. Being as tired as we were, I removed it. My wife immediately checked hers and on one side the sheets were dirty as if kids had been jumping on the beds and their washing machine was not able to take out the stains.
We almost packed up to return home that evening but with a 3 hour drive we decided to stick it out. Too tired to even change hotels(when we work a wedding, we go all out). So feeling a little queezy, we tried to get some sleep. The clincher was a piece of old dental floss, on the floor between my bed and the night stand which stood out when I set my alarms for our morning exit.
It all made for a very uncomfortable evening.
A bit of advice and consider it constructive criticism...
Vacuum the corners in addition to the whole room. No one wants to see the residue left by a previous guest.
Wash your sheets properly and if you spend a little more time correctly making the bed ( tucking in the corners ) you would see that the washing machine did not do its job. Also you would not have dead bugs between the sheets.
Use a dual liquid drain cleaner to unplug the drains. A guest does not want to have water above their ankles with residue soap when taking a shower.
Invest in a little heavier towels that absorb water. These were so thin that a paper towel would have done a better job.

If you step back, the new owners are trying to make it an attractive place to stay. Kudos...
But they must work with the staff on the details or get people that truly care about their work. It is obvious that whoever cleans the room, simply doesn't care. In this economy, having a job is a blessing...doing it right is the least one can do.

Upon arriving home, even the clean clothes all went into the wash. After long showers we were able to wash away the queezy feelings we both had.

Cleanliness is key and it is very simple to do. Right?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank rsbwebmaster

Reviewed 9 January 2010

Beeville motels come and go and this one is still gone, despite a rumoured 'remodeling'. The rate at the Best Western was $89, at Holiday Inn $109 and at this Motel 6 it was $69, or $59 or even $49 depending on the mood of the girl behind the counter. One wants to be economical in these times, so I bit the bullet and took the cheap room. And as they say, you get what you pay for. The first room I was assigned had no place to hang your clothes. So we were sent to another room. It had a place to hang your clothes (unenclosed, of course). It also had no TV remote control, nor was one provided when a complaint was made, nor was there a listing for the stations for manual usage - it was suggested by the capricious clerk that I purchase a local newspaper for a TV listing......

The room also featured a light bulb that dangled from the 'lamp' between the bed. Other features included a bedspread with cigaretted burn holes that had been laundered out, carpet with what appeared to be some type of animal excrement as a decoration, multiple nicotine stains on all of the ugly 20th Century faux-wood furniture, a shower curtain that was only partially attached and most interestingly, the hot water was cold and the cold water was hot.

I suppose we could have requested yet another room but after unpacking twice and being in a rush for a funeral we decided to stay and stick it out for one night. Our dogs loved the way the place smelled and were delighted the entire time.

Perhaps Bee County should condemn this place and turn it into an animal shelter, but please replace the management.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank godsavethekinks
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Stayed at the Motel 6 during a weekend hunting trip. The room was ok. It was quiet and comfortable, but wasn't the ritz. I didn't expect much from the motel 6 so I guess it was as I expected. It appeared they were renovating some of the rooms, but I didn't think mine had been renovated completely. I only could tell that the sink and the shower were new granite. The rest of the room was still older looking with a very old bedspread and some spots on the floor. The pool seemed nice for a motel 6 and the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. I looked at other hotels in the city before I chose this location. I had friends stay at America's Best Value and I believe the Motel 6 is a much better choice. There hotel was a little sketchy and not as clean. There is a Best Western which apparently is very nice, you just will have to pay a higher rate which I wasn't willing to on the type of trip I was making.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Binaustin
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I paid for 4 nights at the Motel 6 in Beeville, Texas during some important meetings I was attending. The first night, I had to endure a beer party next door, complete with a smoking barbacue pit set up on the second floor walkway. I ask for a refund for the remainding three days, but was told that I would have to stay one more night, and would only get a refund for the last two nights fo the four I had paid for. I spent the last two nights at a Best Western motel which was the nicest place I've stayed in a long time. As for Motel 6, they never credited my credit card for the last two nights that I did not stay with them, but for which I did pay.

Dallas

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank dddryan
Reviewed 24 July 2006

I spent what I was hoping would be a wonderful weekend and turned out to be a terrible weekend at the motel 6 in beeville, texas on july 21st and 22nd 2006. This was my only son's wedding weekend. We were looking forward to a wonderful trip. Instead they cheated me out of my money!!!!! they charged me for a room they say I did not show for and it was guaranteed. Hello!! I was there. The first room was wet in front of the fridge, so we had to put towels down. The other room had the chairs and table on the bed and a blower drying the carpet in the room when we arrived. The toilet was not connected to the floor. and on top of that they took my money!!!!... The owner/manager will not return my calls and I am very, very angry... I only chose to stay here because I used to work at this property some twenty years ago, and I thought it would be neat... I will never, ever stay here again or recommend to a friend !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family