“Do NOT stay here!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
South TX
“Do NOT stay here!”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I can't say enough about how disgusting this place is. My husband, young child and I were going to stay here for 4 days. I first found it online and the pics made it seem decent enough. There is a very small selection of hotels to stay in Beeville, and unfortunately the Best Western and Motel 6 had no vacancies. While moving things from the car into the room, there were several people who seemed like long-term residents, watching my every move and then making catcalls and other obnoxious remarks. I felt very unsafe!! Moving on to the condition of the room: The carpet felt grimy and looked dirty. The room itself was old-looking. The door did not shut very well, and the door to the room adjacent to ours looked like it had been kicked in--so again another feeling of not being in a safe place. I literally cried that we were in such a horrible place. The last straw was when I took my child into the bathroom and noticed dingy towels, dirty sink and...dried mud in the tub! At this point we had only been in the room 20 minutes and we walked right back in the office and told them we would not be staying there. The only good part of this hotel was that they refunded our money. It was a drive, but we decided to stay at a Best Western in another town that we were much more satisfied with. Bottom line: DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank TAReviewerSouthTX

Corpus Christi
Reviewed 10 July 2008

Me and my husband stayed there on a Saturday night. I was coming out of the bathroom when there a knock at the door,my husband answered it and it was a lady we didn't know.I guess she didn't see me and she was asking my husband if he needed anything,that she would do whatever he wanted for money.He told her no..I looked out the door and I could see her knocking on other peoples door..I asked another guest if they knew her cause they had been there awhile.They said she lives there or works there..She is short,white,has shoulder length hair that is blondish brown hair..I made a police report cause that's PROSTUTION!!!! I don't think I will be staying there again until this problem is solved......

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank concerned_citizen_2

Travellers are raving about these Beeville hotels

Woodville, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I was planning a visit to my see my son, so I decided to look at my options on line. The photo they showed looked very nice. Believe me, the room was nothing like the photo. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, the floor had dirty tile, the bathroom was rusted and calcified, and the bed was as hard as a rock with very apparant springs.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Pickymom03
Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2007

I booked two rooms at the Americas best value inn in Beeville , TX for the dates of 06/01/07-06/03/07. We checked in late (12:40 am). We got our rooms in much disbelief. Our rooms were so hot, we had to go outside to cool off. To make matters worse, the carpets had huge nasty black/brown stains everywhere. It looked like someone had been murdered and dragged across the floor. Then the sheets had huge yellow circular stains all over them. We had to go to wal-mart to buy lysol, sheets, pillows and comforters at 2:00 am. Before we went to wal-mart, we went ahead and cancelled one of the rooms for the 2 nights and we piled up in one room to sleep. We figured there was no sense in sleeping in a room that was so disgusting. There were roaches crawling on the walls, the room was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it smelled like a dirty clothes hamper and the clothes we were wearing reeked. I was so afraid to change my clothing. I slept in my clothes and shoes all night. Before we bought our sheets, etc., we went to the front desk to get clean sheets and towels. The front desk lady started digging in a yellow cart for sheets. I don't know if they were clean or dirty. She started to fold these "clean" sheets and they were dragging all over the floor. We also experienced brown sticky stains on the end tables. The pillows were as thin as a slice of cheese, and the mattresses were so old that the springs were digging into our bodies. The toilet and bathtub had rings around them. I also felt very unsafe at the facility. When we finally got to sleep at 4:00am,then we were awaken by the sounds of a car alarm going off and women and men fighting outside our door yelling obscenities. There was also a room were all these people were drinking and smoking and gambling, with the door wide open. We were very scared. We woke up at 8:00 am to the sound of the phone ringing. It was the front desk lady wanting to know if everything was okay because the neighbors next door were complaining that they heard fighting in our room. I told her no one was fighting and I told her how displeased I was with the room. She told me I had to speak to the manager when he came in later. We packed our things and left. I paid 68.00 dollars for a nasty room that I only stayed in for 4 hours. This facility was unacceptable. As a matter of fact, it needs to be burnt to the ground. People are getting jipped into thinking they are staying at nice facility (pictures on the internet can be deceiving), but in reality they are staying at a hotel that looks like it came straight out of a horror movie.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank nurseroxeyrn
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 January 2007

While on a business trip we landed at the Best Value Inn in Beeville, TX. We stayed here only because both the Best Western and Motel 6 were full. The rooms appeared to have been cleaned, (sort of), but the motel is in dire need of some remodeling. Everything about the rooms seemed to be very well worn. The shower curtain in my room actually had a bit of mildew on it. I had to also go buy a candle to mask the smell of the room. As I said, it appeared to be cleaned, but the room definitely had its share of problems and wear and tear. I would not stay here again. I would even try one of the two very old local motels located on the same road.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank RAWinIN
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2006

dirty room

i and a coworker stayed @ best value iun duirng a new job oreintation. it was the worst experience i have ever stayed. first the room was dirty . it was obivious no oine vaccumed the room. i was a afraid to walk barefoot ont the carpet floor. i was a female and they put me in the back with all the constructiion people. id didn't feel safe. there was no latch on the door so the only lock was a chair in front of the door. the room smelled so bad i had to go to wal-mart a buy a candle to mask the smell. the tub was dirty. the only reason i did not get a another room becasue the town was small and the ohter hotel was full. if any one ever stays in beeville, texas please find other means of housing. it was very scary staying at that place.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business