“Great little BBQ place!”

Charlie's Bar-B-Q & Hamburgers
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Bellaire
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Great little BBQ place!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Ate at Charlies two days in a row while visiting with clients nearby. The menu has some great offerings and variety! I had the grilled chicken sandwich the first day which was very moist and tasty and had the two meat platter the second day with Brisket and spicy sausage; very good! There is nothing fancy about this place but the food is very good and the staff are friendly and helpful!

• Visited November 2013

Atlanta, GA
“It doesn't get better than this!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I discovered this place years ago when I lived nearby. I haven't lived in Houston for over 10 years but every time I come to town I try to get to Charlie's. It is as good as ever. This is a place I take people that claim they don't like BBQ. Everyone loves it. Owned by one of the Demeris clan, you know the food is great. The atmosphere is very casual and they make everyone feel welcome. I use to take my daughter here on dates when she was a toddler.

Every single thing here is awesome - try the jalapeno sausage (it has a little kick but is not too hot) and the cobble - it is just killer - this is one of the few places I eat desert.

Don't take my word for it, read the other reviews. This is the best food for the dollar in Houston!

• Visited September 2013
Channelview, Texas
“Excellent find! We will be back!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor for this find!! The barbecue, burger and peach cobbler were all great! The price was very reasonable for real food. Nice atmosphere, there were families and friends around us, visiting with each other. We will be back!

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Great selection! Wonderful flavors! Exceeded my expectations!

Frank (one of the owners) was my 'server' and you could tell he had his heart in the food. His prep was as an artist.

My favorite sides were the beans and corn/chili. Briscuit and ribs were excellent.

Houston, Texas
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I'm no big bbq eater, but I've tried plenty of it from many places and find that most times, it's just okay. Charlie's BBQ has tender meats, great taste, and wonderful sides, more than the usual options. The mushrooms and potato salad get two thumbs up!! Definitely would eat here again.

Visited March 2013