“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel has the most TERRIBLE management I have ever dealt with. Don't stay here. Don't even call them. DO NOT make a reservation here. Or really at any Knights Inn for that matter. I made a reservation for two rooms, then called to change it and was told I didn't even have a reservation. I insisted for 30 minutes that I did in fact have a reservation, and they searched all over and came up with nothing and said I clearly had not made a reservation there. So I had to make a reservation with a different hotel. But it turns out I MUST HAVE had a reservation, because the next thing I knew... They charged me over $100 for the first night because I "didn't call to cancel". Unbelievable! How can hotels stay in business when the management is this incredibly awful? Oh wait, I know - they con people out of their money by charging them like they did to me.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rachel A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My comments are related to a budget type hotel. This hotel is clean, neat, and comfortable. The rooms are very small but appropriate for the level of hotel it is. It is well located on the north side of Waco on IH 35 surrounded by more expensive motels. The bed is comfortable, the breakfast is very standard but well presented. The bathrooms and floors are clean. The toweling has been cleaned and fluff dried. The linens had been starched and ironed. If you are looking for just a place to spend the night and watch TV this may be the place for you. It worked well for us.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 31 July 2008

The two of us were going to a family reunion the next day and decided to stay at the Knights Inn, just a few miles outside of West. We had called in advance and were surprised that any hotel still had smoking rooms available. The room was clean and the hotel clerk upgraded our downstairs room to one that had a microwave and refrigerator. It was quiet and the staff was friendly. According to the management, the mattresses were less than 2 years old, and they felt it -- they were firm and comfortable. The 25" TV was clear and the remote worked. We slept so soundly that we were surprised to find that three semi-trucks had pulled up outside our room during the night and didn't wake us! The down side was that the only ice machine is located at the front office and we had the last room at the end of the complex. Other than that, we enjoyed our night and went to the reunion the next morning very well rested. Air conditioner worked excellent, which was great since it was over 95 both days we were there. Great for the $60 price.

• Liked — firm mattresses and quiet
  • Disliked — ice machine too far from the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 August 2007

Found on the internet. Spending extra $$ while moving your daughter to college is unnecessary if you can just lay down in air conditioning. The ice machine worked and theair condiitoning was great. The cleanliness factor was low - hole in bedspread and dirty bathtub. small bathroom but about 1/2 the price of most hotels. No hot tub.

• Liked — v alue
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank traveler80134
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2006

Stopped in just for the night, only had two rms available so we got stuck w/a smoking rm which really wreaked of ciggarette smoke. There were rips & holes in the bed cover plus several large holes like spike holes in the wall on this side of the bathroom. The bathroom was tiny & according to my husband had a couple of roaches in the tub. He complained about having no coffee in the lobby, he said there was just a tiny bit in the pot which tasted like two day leftovers. It was cold out so he was very miffed by no coffee. He also said that the 'continental breakfast' was just a couple of bins w/sugary kiddy cereal in it, there was no milk available. The lady at the front desk was very nice however. I'd stay here again if I had too but would try to make a reservation to ensure a non smoking room. The a/c-heater worked, had to use the a/c fan to get the smell out. It was cold out so you can imagine how that was. It wasn't filthy or repulsive but could be better for $50 or just fork out $70 & stay at Country Inn & Suites just down the road.

• Liked — convenient, inexpensive.
  • Disliked — didn't want smoking room, holes in bed cover, big holes in wall, bugs in bathroom, no coffee, no breakfast.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here only if you have to. It's really not bad but don't expect more than just a clean room at a resonable price.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Bellmead hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Comfort Suites Waco North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Bellmead
Best Western Plus Waco North
WoodSpring Suites Waco
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North
Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest

Been to Knights Inn Waco? Share your experiences!