“Superior Hotel Service at a Reasonable Rate!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
McAllen, Texas
“Superior Hotel Service at a Reasonable Rate!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Comfortable cushy bed with soft cotton sheets, the pillows were marked soft and firm, something for everyone. Large clean room and oversized bathroom with extra towels. Not only soap, shampoo and conditioner, but also lotion, makeup wipes, cotton swabs, shower caps, and body wash. The little things do make a difference. The staff was very helpful. I was at the hotel for a summer retreat with 100 women. Every hotel staff member went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We get together twice a year and all I heard was rave reviews from my friends about the accommodations! As a vegetarian, they provided delicious alternatives to me at the breakfast and luncheon. By the way, the meals were well presented and delicious. The extra little touch like marble rye as a bread option at lunch was a nice touch. Rich coffee was a treat all day long!

Room Tip: My room faced the expressway, but the windows are double pane with black out curtains and the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Hey "Rosalie1836"!
It was very nice talking to you a few days ago! I'm glad it all worked out with your friend picking up your pillow for you! It was a great weekend and I enjoyed all of you ladies, everyone was very funny and sweet! You will have to stop by next time your in the area, my Chef makes this really good parmesan crusted roasted tomato dish that is so good! Hope to see you every year! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in June during an Orientation for our child who will be attending Baylor University in Waco. Being a small town there are not too many hotels to choose from. There are a few options closer to campus, but the cost was higher for decent hotel accommodations. This Holiday Inn & Suites was pretty nice and there was plenty of parking and the area was not that bad. We spent most of the time on campus and ate there, so not sure about dining options near the hotel. From looking around I don't think there were many restaurants around there, but the hotel did seem to have a restaurant. The Room seemed to be nice and clean and we got a comfortable night's sleep. Also the front desk staff was friendly and helped out every time I had a question.
We think we will continue to book this hotel each time we are visiting Baylor University, as the prices is good and we have not had a bad experience thus far.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hi Raiseboy,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest! We look forward to your future stays with us and hopefully next time you will have more time to eat here at the property so that you can try our wonderful Kem's Restaurant. Take care and see ya next time!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at this property last night, along with my parents and three children, in a 2-bedroom family suite. My cousins stayed in a king suite. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk advised me that they'd moved my cousins to the same floor as our suite so that we'd be closer together (something the reservationist at the HI call center refused to do by phone) and they'd also put the port-a-crib I'd requested in the room so we wouldn't have to wait to have it sent up - how nice!

We found the staff to be extremely attentive, the hotel lobby was inviting and our suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. Each of the bedrooms had plenty of room to walk around, which is a huge bonus when traveling with several kids and all of their gear (and a crib thrown in for the baby). The bathroom was also very large. There was a small sitting area (living room) with a flat-screen TV and a kitchenette with a nice size mini fridge, sink, cabinets and counter space. This was perfect for prepping my little one's bottles. :) The furniture in the sitting area was quite comfortable, which was nice since we were in town to visit the cousins staying down the hall from us (met halfway in Waco).

While at the hotel we did use the pool. It is an indoor heated pool and it was a great temperature - not too warm (at some hotels the water is so warm I worry about bacteria) and not too cold. There is also a small hot tub and sauna, which my cousins used and found to be adequate to meet their needs. There are a few very nice teak tables in a small nook by the pool, which provide a great area to store pool gear or just relax and chat.

Since we have family members in various parts of Texas, we've decided to make a tradition of meeting in Waco for reunions a few times a year. I'll definitely book my next stay at this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, the family suites (2 queen, 1 king suite) are really the way to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We very much enjoyed having your family stay with us at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest. We always want to make sure that we do all that we can for our guests so that they can relax and be themselves during their stay. Thank you for becoming part of our Holiday Inn Family and we look forward to next years reunion! (Give me a call or email if you would like for me to set up a block of rooms at a discounted rate for your family next year 254-799-9997 or dmccoyhiwaco@gmail.com)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great front desk staff. Room was very nice. Clean. Comfortable beds. Very quiet location. We did figure out how to close the curtains. Only issue was a very disorganized waiter at breakfast. He did not get the order right (he did correct it) and it took three tries to get the check right. I will stay here again for sure and look forward to trying dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being so patient with my new Waiter. I have visited with him some more and next time your here I hope you feel we have improved. We would love to see you again!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here on our way through. The rooms are very nice and clean. It has a nice fresh feel to the whole facility. It's close to a great park area, which we would like to revisit. Overall it is a super place to stay. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you! Waco does have a lot of great places to visit like Cameron Park Zoo, Dr Pepper Museum, and The Hawaiian Falls Water Park. We have great Hotel Packages that include a room and tickets to one of these great attractions. Next time you plan to visit Waco call or email me (254-799-9997 or dmccoyhiwaco@gmail.com) and I will help you with your reservation. Hope to see you soon!
Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the awesome shower head. Hotel very clean. The lady serving us breakfast this morning was extremely nice and breakfast tasted great. We will come back next time we are in Waco.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Hope to see you again soon!
san antono
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Every person that assisted us was extremely personable and "Texas" friendly. Even though they were very experienced and highly professional, they treated us in a "fresh" manner, as if it was the first time they had waited on someone!
The place was immaculate, the "happy hour" food and drink fabulous. (Breakfast perfect.)
We'll ALWAYS stay here, every time we travel the San Antonio to Dallas corridor!
Frank and Maggie

Room Tip: This was our first time. Second floor room was perfect....Very clean and well stocked.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fank a
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Hi Frank and Maggie,
Cant wait to see you at another Managers Reception. Remember we have them every Monday-Thursday 5:30PM-6:30PM. Take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Comfort Suites Waco North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North
Best Western Plus Waco North
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest? Share your experiences!