“CURTAINS DO NOT CLOSE! The room was very bright all night!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed here with my family October 8th. I was originally given room 218 and a rooftop light shines almost directly into the room. Since the curtains do not close (ridiculous) I requested a darker room. I was then given room 208. Again the curtains are just for looks and do not actually close so we had lights from the parking lot shining through our window. My husband was already very tired, so I just tried to deal with the light. He slept fine, but it took my son and hour and a half to fall asleep even though he was tired as well. As for me I feel asleep shortly after my son but woke up four times in seven hours. Other than that, the hotel was very clean, the service was great and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank danilpardo
DanaMcCoy, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

I was so sorry to hear the issues you had with the curtains. We do have decrative curtians in the front sides of the window,then the decrative sheer ones in the front, but then there are thick black out curtines in the very back, that have a plastic rod to pull them shut. I will be doing some more training to ensure that my front desk staff ask more questions when someone wants to move rooms, that way we can solve the problem for the guest and they would not have to move rooms. Thank you for taking the time to comment. It helps me to continue to better our property. Take care and please come see us again, so that you can see that it will be the best sleep of your life in our simmons pillow top mattresses.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

I have stayed several times at this hotel. I like the rooms that are not near the breakfast room
or elevator.
Rooms are a good size. It is for me (horse competition) in a great location.
One negative point is the noise. The hallways are pretty loud. In addition the staff is not very friendly.
For example, I had the first room on the first floor. The room next to me had a family w 2 screaming children which started at 6 am. I called the desk around 7 am if they could do something about it since I had a late night training my horse and had a long day ahead. He said he could not do anything bc they were in their room. At about 8 am the kids were allowed to run and scream in the hallway and several times knocked on our door. I got up and went up to the front desk and the same guy told me to say something myself to the family. As a result I did not sleep anymore.
I would still recommend this hotel for it's convenience and value

• Stayed: July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad that you did like the property, and would like to assure you that the service that you recieved is not what we provide to our guest. I truly do want to appologize to you for any inconvenience that this caused you during your stay and would like to assure you that the staff has been informed of there mistakes. I would like for you to ask for me next time you are in the Waco area or at our property so that we may show you how our service should have been during your stay. Please call me at 254-799-9997 and ask for Dana McCoy. Once again we would like to appologize and assure you that this is not the way that we treat our guests, and we do appreicate your business and your feedback!!

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Arrived late at night, booked on fact that it was a "non smoking hotel". Room was very nice and appeared clean, however, I did notice one very small roach (took picture and movie with IPhone) on bed linens as I was about to get into bed. (I smushed it and went to sleep with no further notice of any)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
DanaMcCoy, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad that you did like the property, and would like to assure you that the housekeeping service that you recieved is not what we provide to our guest. I truly do want to apologize to you for any inconvenience that this caused you during your stay and would like to assure you that the staff has been informed of this issue.. Next time you are in the Waco area I would love for you to give us another chance.

Reviewed 2 June 2010

Luxurious, spacious and phenomenal hotel! Hotel is extremely clean and spotless. Staff was super friendly and polite (especially Mario at the front desk). Our #1 hotel the next time we visit Waco, TX. Best Holiday Inn that I ever stayed at, hands down! Rm221 May27-30

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
VinniePatel, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working diligently to make sure our team members are providing the best guest service we can, and are always training for improvements. Thank you for your kind words to let our staff know that we are doing a good job. We look forward to serve you next time you are in Waco.

Reviewed 5 May 2010

Property looks newer. Service was top notch and rooms were very nice. Quiet and clean with plenty of places to eat nearby. The only thing I can think of bad is the elevators are very slow.... I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working diligently to make sure our team members are providing the best guest service we can, and are always training for improvements. Your comments are a valuable tool to assist with our future needs and requests, and we will continue to make adjustments based on guest feedback.

Reviewed 20 April 2010

My husband and I had a very nice stay at the Holiday Inn in Waco. This hotel was really nice, clean, and comfortable. It's easy to find and conveniently located right off the Interstate. We made a reservation online about 3 hours before we arrived and check in was quick and easy even though they did not have us set up ahead of time. My husband enjoyed the indoor heated pool. The only negative thing I have to say is that it must be close to a train track because a train woke me up at some point in the night (although I couldn't say what time it was). Overall, a very good stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

I thank you dearly for the positive and encouraging words. We take great pride in ensuring all of our guests are 100% satisfied before, during and after their stay. I will make sure to inform my staff of your experience at our property. Also, remember anytime you’re in Waco think of the Holiday Inn & Suites. Thanks for your stay and let us know if we can be any help.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

This is a new hotel with some very nice high points, one being it is far enough away from the freeway and major roads that you do not experience the normal road noise yet still being close enough to easily be seen from the road. It is decorated very nicely with an Asian theme although they could not decide which part of Asia they would be going for. The only draw back to recommending this facility to anyone is the untrained or poorly trained staff. They were all very nice just not a hint of professionalism. At check in we specifically requested a quiet room and was told no problem. The new front desk clerk had to call to make sure our room was cleaned, this was after 4:30 pm. We take our luggage to the room began to change clothes and use the facilities and I assume a housekeeper decides she should check on the status of the room, she did so without knocking. Cocktails at their bar were on interesting. The young lady had no idea how to actually make a mixed drink and then made excuses but the kicker was when we were met by friends and she insisted on interrupting our conversation to find out if they wanted a drink, something surprisingly rude from such a nice however naive young woman. I went back to the room while my husband attended a meeting only to find my quite room was not quiet at all. I tried to drown out the excessive noise with the television but was unsuccessful. When I went back down to the front desk and spoke to the young man that had checked us in he said "oh yes, I heard them running the halls earlier". So I changed rooms then had to wait in the lobby where I could catch my husband to let him know our room had changed. While I sat there I heard the front desk clerk tell everyone, as he did us, as they checked in about his misfortune with his car getting broken in to. While I feel for him this is inappropriate. So far all of the negative was with the personnel so I was a little taken back with the beds. They look lovely and they have the pillows banded with their firmness which I thought was a nice touch but the blankets were the weight of a baby blanket and the mattress could be better for such a new hotel. To sum is up, I could have understood the room situation if they were booked full, the bar if it had more than a hand full of people at any given moment,... if, if, if. Right now It is a wonderful place to stay while it is still so shiny and new however do not wait because when management decides it is not important to hire experienced hotel staff or train to them properly there is not much hope the maintaining the high standards a hotel opens with.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
VinniePatel, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad that you did like the property, and would like to assure you that the service that you recieved is not what we provide to our guest. I truly do want to appologize to you for any inconvenience that this caused you during your stay and would like to assure you that the staff has been informed of there mistakes. I would like for you to ask for me next time you are in the Waco area or at our property so that we may show you how our service should have been during your stay. Please call me at 254-799-9997 and ask for either Bianca benjamin or Vinnie Patel. Once again we would like to appologize and assure you that this is not the way that we treat our guests, and we do appreicate your business and your feedback!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Comfort Suites Waco North
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waco North
Best Western Plus Waco North
8 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Candlewood Suites Waco

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest? Share your experiences!