“PERFECT HOTEL!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Arlington, Texas
“PERFECT HOTEL!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

The Holiday Inn in Waco is the BEST place to stay!! The rates were awesome, the food was amazing, the pool was sweet and the service was incredible!! The room was beautiful and had extremely comfortable beds. Next time I'm in Waco, TX you can find me at the Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanaMcCoy, Asst. General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review about your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest. Positive comments like yours help us know that the diligent training we do is working and is providing a wonderful experience for our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

I understand now why many other reviews complained about noise in this hotel. We stayed two nights at this location. The first night, the sound of a cell phone vibrating in the room next door woke us up multiple times. The walls are that thin-- we heard every single sound next door.

The following night was far, far worse. A group of men rented the room next to us, and the noise was extraordinary. I called the front desk at 10:00... The phone rang and rang...no answer. I finally got someone on the line at the front desk, explaining the noise. I begged them to give these guys, or us, a different room, that the walls were paper thin. The employee acknowledged the way sound carries between rooms here ... He talked to the guys but would not change the rooms, they only got louder and louder, cranking up the tv.

Seriously, the walls in this hotel are so thin, it sounded like the party was in the room with us. Given that, and employees complete incompetence (two common themes here, even in the positive reviews!) we will never stay at this location, or recommend it to nag friends. There are far better hotels right in the area, at a much better price.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for your feedback. I was embarrassed to say the least when I heard of the issue you encountered at our property. I hope you received my card. I have used this as an example during monthly training to ensure that this never happens again. This is not acceptable behavior and is not how we have trained our staff to handle issues like these. I would like to personally invite you back to our property and exceed your expectations. I hope you will give us one more chance next time you visit Waco. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. Your insight has really helped us see another side and bring other ideas to avoid a repeat of such an incident. Take Care! Please contact me at 254-799-9997 if there is anything I can do to help you with your next stay.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

Hotel is well kept, inviting and smells nice, a citris type smell. They should advise people at the time of booking that it is a 100% non smoking facility. They have a shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel room was large, nice and clean. Wifi was available in all areas of the hotel and was free! They have a business center, however, it needs to be maintained. The trash was not emptied and the toner was lacking in one of the printers and not any paper available to print.
The restaurnat needs a more varied menu and longer hours of operation. Wait staff is unfriendly and not enough help is available.
One major problem was that one of the fronst staff girls was very rude and messages did not get through. With minor adjustments, this hotel is where I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our property. Thanks to your comments we were able to make major adjustments at our hotel. Our goal is to exceed all of our guests expectations. We have made some staff changes so that you will always be greeted with a smiling face that understands your needs and cares about the quality of your stay. We have bought new equipment for the business center, increased the hours of operations at Kem's Restaurant, and we are currently working on a new menu with our head Chef and Kitchen Manager. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that the Management and Staff at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest value all of our guests.
Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

I want down to Waco, Texas to see my sons play in his high school band. We stayed in this hotel because it was new and that it was about 15 minutes from the football Stadium. It was very nice and clean, and the rooms were very nice with a frig and microwave in are room too. There is a indoor pool exercise room, and a in house resturant with a bar. That is something that I have not seen in your lower end price hotels and I have stayed in many. It is worth the price of the room which was $120 total. Enjoy your stay there a did.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanaMcCoy, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working diligently to make sure our team members are providing the best guest service we can, and are always training for improvements. Thank you for your kind words to let our staff know that we are doing a good job. We look forward to serve you next time you are in Waco.
Killeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

During my almost Two month Stay at this hotel...Mere words cannot and will not express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the outstanding support and assistance of the entire Staff at this nice Hotel. I was made to feel like family and when I requested assistance..It was immediately delivered. The Entire Staff is Very Very Professional and Courteous...Maria, Maurice and the rest of the Front Desk Staff should be commended for their work ethics and dedication to making guest at this hotel feel welcome. The Housekeeping Staff goes above and beyond to keep rooms very nice and comfortable... I loved staying here..and will recommend that my coworkers, family and friends stay here too in the future. I am looking forward to my next trip to Waco Texas and this Holiday Inn. The General Manger is a very Nice and Cool Guy too!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and become about of our family. We are working diligently to make sure our team members are providing the best guest service we can, and are always training for improvements. Thank you for your kind words to let our staff know that we are doing a good job. We look forward to serve you next time you are in Waco.
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

Just recently stayed in this hotel, with a 16 month old. Plenty of room for a pack-n-play, plus the small refrigerator is a definate plus! The bathroom was large with a nice large shower, The bed was soft and clean. The free breafast was very good and they did not run out, and it was a busy weekend.
Overall this hotel was very nice and clean, Would definiyly stay here again, Hotel staff was also very nice!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Victoria, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed here with my family October 8th. I was originally given room 218 and a rooftop light shines almost directly into the room. Since the curtains do not close (ridiculous) I requested a darker room. I was then given room 208. Again the curtains are just for looks and do not actually close so we had lights from the parking lot shining through our window. My husband was already very tired, so I just tried to deal with the light. He slept fine, but it took my son and hour and a half to fall asleep even though he was tired as well. As for me I feel asleep shortly after my son but woke up four times in seven hours. Other than that, the hotel was very clean, the service was great and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank danilpardo
I was so sorry to hear the issues you had with the curtains. We do have decrative curtians in the front sides of the window,then the decrative sheer ones in the front, but then there are thick black out curtines in the very back, that have a plastic rod to pull them shut. I will be doing some more training to ensure that my front desk staff ask more questions when someone wants to move rooms, that way we can solve the problem for the guest and they would not have to move rooms. Thank you for taking the time to comment. It helps me to continue to better our property. Take care and please come see us again, so that you can see that it will be the best sleep of your life in our simmons pillow top mattresses.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Comfort Suites Waco North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Hampton Inn Waco North
Hampton Inn Waco North
#1 of 2 in Lacy Lakeview
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest? Share your experiences!