“Quiet and Comfy”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was pretty busy, but you couldn't tell once you were in your room. It was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning worked GREAT and I loved that we had a full sized refrigerator to keep milk and water cold. Another nice thing was that the toilet and shower area was separate from the sink, but both areas were large and there is a partial wall separating them from the rest of the room so that everyone doesn't have to watch you groom. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The pool is on the small side, but it wasn't crowded and the water was delightful. A couple of strange things- the fitness center closes at 8 p.m. and there weren't any pool towels that I could see. But, we will definitely stay at this hotel again whenever we are in Waco. Note on value- I really have no idea what the rooms cost because I used my Choice Hotels reward points for this stay.

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet. Stay at the end of the building so you can park on the S side of the bui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2013

stayed there 1 night and came home with bed bug bites and ended up at urgent care having to get steroid shot and prescription. called late one afternoon and girl was rude; didn't even ask for my name; said manager would be in next morning so I called next morning and he said, "oh yeah, I see the note; we had exterminator in and he didn't find anything." Whoa, between 5 p.m. and the next morning; he's fast. Does anyone believe that ? Manager was not in would be in next day. Manager has not returned my call after 2 weeks. He did email me saying he was sorry my stay did not meet my expectations!!!: are you kidding me? is that all? I'm out doctor visit, and prescription and embarrassment from huge whelps on my face and neck and arms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cathieElizabeth
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Waco hotels tend to fill up on weekends due to Baylor functions and other festivals/conventions in the area, so often you have to take what you can get on short notice. We ended up at Quality Inn when traveling to Waco for a funeral because most other hotels in the area were booked, and overall our stay was fine. The property is clean and well-maintained, and our 1 queen with sofabed room was surprisingly large and included a kitchenette. It's Quality Inn, so you know to expect that the décor will be dated and the furnishings will be modest, and that is the case. The A/C unit that cools the second floor interior hallway was not functioning - I'm sure that will be fixed pretty quickly. The breakfast bar has a decent selection that includes ham, sausage, and eggs (though no fresh oatmeal and coffee is not the best). The attendant in the breakfast area deserves a special mention - she was more attentive and efficient than any hotel breakfast employee I've ever seen. Those allergic to smoke should note that there are smoking rooms at the hotel, though our non-smoking room did not have an odor and the only place we noticed a smoke smell was near the rear entrance.

The main downside to the stay was the price - $119 for Friday and $104 for Saturday, for a place that you might expect to cost $75-80. I suppose that's why it was still available 24 hours in advance when most places were full. However, if your choice is $100+ for this place or $50-60 for the scary Knights Inn next door, this is worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the rear staircase on the second floor - the stairwell door slams loudly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very pleasant, easy checkin. Our king room was as described by other reviewers with a separate sitting area/kitchen. The room was clean, quiet and bed comfortable. It is, however, furnished with old style furniture, out of date decor and things like a silk flower arrangement on the bathroom sink. So don't expect a contemporary, slick hotel. But it was clean and staff were helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank oakleafgal
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was a great hotel for site-seeing. It was centrally located to everything we needed. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was fresh and varied. Everyone I interacted with was professional and friendly. I liked that you had to use your room key to get into the outside doors.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 28 June 2012

i was in Waco for a work related stay over and was recommended this place. it is right off the interstate and the parking is good. There are several restaurants close bye. there is a Wal-Mart across the road if needed. the pool is small and located right next to the hotel. the rooms have a small area with a sofa, chair and coffee table. There is a small kitchen area as well. They have a separate shower and sink area that is nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool and gym area. they get a lot of use in the evening hours.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank scott c
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just finished our Memorial Weekend stay at the hotel. I'm not sure how old the hotel is but it seemed like it had a face lift. Our room was a suite with a king sized bed. The room closed off and the living area had a sleeper sofa and two chairs. There was also a kitchen but I could not find any dishes even though there was a dishwasher. The hotel and the room were clean but I could see where there was water damage that had been patched but not painted above both windows in our room. I could visibly see what I am assuming is mold growing in both air conditioners. The room had a strong moldy smell. I checked my brother's room also to see if there was any point in asking for a different room and the air conditioners in his room were moldy also. Everyone was very nice and the breakfast was good. I was just so desperate to breathe clean air after a day in the hotel and we had two more nights to go.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wenders1211
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Quality Inn & Suites Near University
WoodSpring Suites Waco
Comfort Suites Waco North
Best Western Plus Waco North
Candlewood Suites Waco
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waco North

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!