“Coolest Place in Town”

Benbrook Stables
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Coolest Place in Town”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Best date of my life! My husband and I just celebrated our one year anniversary with a morning of riding. Horses are perfect. They are great riding horses, they don't just follow each other. They are so pretty and well cared for even in this August heat, you stay in the shade in the creeks and can only go on morning rides. They said we can ride in the afternoons again in September
The people are hilarious. Our guide made our ride so much fun, but let us just hang out together too. I rode chula and james rode Harry. They were amazing. We will definitely go back over and over

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Jennyjihns

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for kids party”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I had my twin boys birthday party here and was blown away by the organization. The employes were very friendly and seemed to have fun interacting with the kids. Despite the 100 degree day the shaded area and activities distracted the effects of the heat. My boys are already asking to do their party next year!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 18558
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome place to ride!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have been going to Benbrook for a couple months now for horseback riding lessons. All of the staff have been very helpful with me. I have worked with 5 different people all helpful in me learning to ride better. They all know I want to run barrels, including Molly the owner and after every lesson she goes over what I've learned. All of the make sure I understand what they are trying to teach. I love the variety of horses I get to ride because no horse will ever be the same and makes me better at over horsemanship. On days it has been rainy we have gone over horse care which isn't so exciting as learning barrels but still something I need to know if when I get my own horse. They have a very hands on approach and Ive gotten to saddle my own horse, wash him/her, but them out. They have all genuinely taken an interest in what I am learning and helping be become a better rider.

I have loved every lesson I've had and will continue to go this stable as long as I am in the Fort Worth area.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Railroadcowgirl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice facility, but poor quality experience and horse care”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I boarded my horse here for a while, and I have to say that I am overall very disappointed in the management here and the care they give their horses.

The woman in the office is extremely rude, and many times I heard her discussing matters regarding other boarders and employees in front of other customers. I thought this was very unprofessional.

As far as boarding, if you want to do self-care and keep your horse in a stall, then the facility is great! However, if you want your horse to be turned out at all, I would HIGHLY advise to look elsewhere. Horses daily come in with scrapes and bite marks on them, some not too bad, and some severe. The hay that is provided by the barn to boarded horses is terrible quality (moldy and very dusty), and both pastures are full of broken glass, old wires and other debris. The owner will not work with you at all if you are concerned about your horse getting beaten up in the pasture or paddock.

The lesson and trail horses are tied to the rail saddled all day long without any hay to eat until their 10+ hour day is over(after which they are put in the paddock, fed grain and immediately locked off of the hay). Many of them only get a few minutes of hay a day. Although, they probably prefer this to the small, crowded paddock that they live in every day otherwise where they all get battle wounds as a result of too many overworked horses in a small area around just 2 round hay bales. The horses frequently charge, bite and kick each other throughout trail rides, which can be very scary for inexperienced riders. I have even seen employees be charged and kicked at by their so called "gentle" lesson and trail horses in the paddock.

Visited May 2013
13 Thank Honest R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday party and riding lessons”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had both of our daughters birthday party here and we had a fantastic time. From riding the horses, to the bounce house and the hayride, all the kids forgot it was super hot! Thank you to the owners for making sure everything was perfect. You might see some of the girls coming back for lessons! Our 6 year old daughter also takes riding lessons and she has learned so much. We love it here!

Visited May 2013