“Terrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benbrook
Nampa, Idaho
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

I'm not able to rate the hotel because we never made it there. This is to rate the customer service at the hotel. I had reserved two rooms as we had 5 people traveling from California to North Carolina. Our vehicle broke down outside El Paso, Texas and it would have been 4am by the time we arrived at this hotel. At approximately 3pm on date of arrival, I called to explain our circumstances and that one of the passengers was 83 years old. I was greeted with the answer of "we have a two day cancellation policy." When I explained that I didn't know two days ahead that we'd have car trouble, the answer remained the same. She said she would check with the hotel manager, but we never received a call back. When I called again to inquire, I was given the too bad, so sad policy again and charged 150.00 for two rooms we never slept in! Thank you Best Western. I was a Rewards member but will never use your chain of hotels again.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank kristinahensley559

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Odessa, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

When we arrrived the front desk clerk was great. The first floor of the hotel was great. As soon as we stepped into the elevator things changed. My husband and I were the only two people in the elevator but the smell of cigarette smoke was so strong that there literally could have been someone standing there smoking. I just figured someone had just gotten out of the elevator and had been smoking in there. Oh no. The hallways of the entire second floor reek of cigarette smoke. It was stunning how strong the smell was. The hotel desperately needs to do something with the ventalation system or something. On the up side, the bed was super comfy and our room had no smoke smell. The location was perfect for our needs and it was quiet without alot of traffic noise. And there was a Cracker Barrel and a convience store/gas station practically in the same parking lot. Would probably stay there again, just on the first floor.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was so impressed with this hotel. Even though it is a chain hotel, the staff was exceptional...I recieved a phone call from the front desk asking if my room was okay and if there was anything at all that I needed! The room was clean and the bed was so amazing that we pulled the sheets back to see what kind of mattress it was so we could look into purchasing a similar one for our home. The breakfast was early enough for us to be able to enjoy it, which doesn't normally happen since we have to leave quite early, and it was fresh and fully stocked. And the location is great, close to tons of restaurants and shopping, but still far enough away to be quiet! It was a great experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth1029
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed three nights in February 2012. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was okay. Nicely furnished but not the cleanest. The sofa in the room was soiled. I wouldn't even think of sitting on it. It just looked dirty. The bathroom was just okay, too. I had to wipe up a dried spill on the bathroom counter when we first walked into the room. Looked like coffee spilled (?) and didn't get cleaned up. That kind of turned me off --right off the bat. I took a washcloth and soap and washed it off and it was fine. The bed was very comfortable but the room needed a good vacuuming around the edges. It looked like the place only gets "surfaced" cleaned. The other turn off was that our room and the hotel smelled old and musty. We were mostly gone during the day and when we got back at night I didn't look forward to that smell as we walked into the lobby/our room. Didn't eat breakfast there any of the mornings so I can't comment on that. On the positive side, the people who work there are very friendly. Great TV... remote didn't work but the staff got new batteries and we were back in business quickly! Quiet at the hotel. That was a plus. Parking lot was brightly lit. Gas station very close by.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ontheroad0809
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I haven't stayed at many chain motels like this but I was happy with my stay, especially for how little I paid! It was one of the closest hotels to my family, and from what I heard it was much better than the nearby Motel 6 (my cousin said it felt like staying in a dorm room).

My room was very, very large. The hallway smelled like cigarette smoke but my non-smoking room smelled fine inside.

I stayed at a very quiet time, I think there was only one other person on the second floor. But the one time someone was outside my door getting ice it was so loud it sounded like the door was made of paper, so in a busy time noise might be an issue.

Free wifi and free breakfast. The "hot" food (sausage, eggs etc) changed every day but I didn't try many things as they looked pretty vile. I loved that they had a waffle machine available to make your own fresh waffles - shaped like Texas, of course.

Overall, for an inexpensive motel I can't really complain!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Orange,Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The rooms were nice and the beds slept good. The breakfast area was clean and well kept. The coffee was was subpar and the scrambled eggs were round preformed rubber circles. The sausage was terrible. Thank god they had cereal, fruit and toast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

My husband and I arrived at midnight after a long drive from Houston. We were glad to see that they had a pot of coffee on in the lobby! The night manager told us he keeps coffee on 24/7 for any customer who would like some. Definitely customer oriented!

The bed was extremely comfy, and had easy access to the parking lot through side entrances. The near by Cracker Barrel was also handy when we got snacky.

the front staff was very helpful, upon check-in and check-out. We encounter absolutely no issues while staying at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lonestarbassclarinet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benbrook
Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Homewood Suites Fort Worth West at Cityview
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth Southwest
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - City View

Been to Days Inn Benbrook Fort Worth Area? Share your experiences!