“Good value”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benbrook
Amarillo, United States
“Good value”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

It was a well maintained, yet older hotel. The room and facilities were clean and no problems were experienced. The surrounding neighborhood was a little "iffy", but we noticed no issues on the hotel property itself. The location was great for the plans we had....convenient to the downtown/historical district and the Ft. Worth Zoo; and for the family members that joined us from about an hour away.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Overall the hotel was nice, but the hallways and elevators were rank with cigarette odor. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were really comfortable, but you have to hold your breath from the front door to the room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Center, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We checked in after long day on road. Room was clean, bed was ok. Our traveling companion was worried about security with all the locks on the doors, but I did not feel it was a problem. There were a lot of blue collar workers staying at the hotel, but there was no problem with that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was the first hotel I stayed at in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Benbrook is a bit SouthWest of Fort Worth, right off I-20, and just before (if you continue driving West on I-20), you come to rural areas.

When I arrived, there were no regular King smoking rooms available, so the clerk upgraded me to a deluxe room with a Jacuzzi, which I thought was very nice. I decided to extend my stay for two nights, but the other staff members weren't as accommodating, so I wasn't allowed to stay in the upgraded room past the first night. In fact, I found them to be relatively aggressive with respect to money, in general, which is the primary reason I rated them with 3 stars instead of four. Very specifically, I frequently request late check-out whenever possible. I don't remember whether the normal check-out at this Best Western was 11:00 AM or Noon (although I lean toward the latter time). But I was told that if I checked-out after 1:00 PM, I would "automatically" be charged for an additional night.

On the day I checked out, I was out of my room by 1:05 PM. Because they advised me of their policy, I deliberately used a card that I knew only had a couple of dollars available at the time I left. Indeed, they did charge me an additional amount to the extent that they could. I don't know how much additional they would have charged if more funds were available on the card. In any case, several days after check-out, they card again had funds on it, and the hotel staff made no further effort to charge the card. I never contacted the hotel regarding the extra couple of dollars that they were able to charge.

The only other negative factor--from my point of view--is that they continuously showed the Fox News channel on the television where breakfast was provided (very close to the lobby). Regardless of whether I agree with the political viewpoints of this station, I don't consider it proper to force guests, effectively, to watch the channel if they choose to eat in the area. Please note that I would feel the same way if the hotel continuously set the television to MSNBC, a political channel with a very different viewpoint from that of Fox.

While most of the verbiage in this review describes what I didn't like, I don't want to minimize the fact that this is a clean property with quite comfortable rooms that is very convenient to I-20. Also, despite what I mentioned above, all of the staff was friendly. And if you particularly want to stay in Benbrook (which I found to be a very nice town), the hotel is just a few short minutes from the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Made a quick trip to Ft. Worth and needed a cheap place to stay. BW fit the bill. Nice room, clean room and wonderful breakfast selections. Very quiet and easy access to every place that we needed to go.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Eustis, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Clean. Comfortable. Had almost everything we like. Wi-fi was good. Near lots of restaurants and the highway. I only have one suggestion and this may be a personal preference. This room had an upholstered chair with an ottoman. It was comfortable but I really think that a table with 2 chairs would be a better use of space.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our stay at the Best Western in Benbrook was excellent. It is right on I-20 in south western Fort Worth area. There's a Cracker Barrel restaurant within a stone's throw and the Hulen Mall and several other restaurants just east of it on the interstate. This hotel must not be very old because the rooms were immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very helpful in telling us about local attractions and reminding us of the free breakfast. The breakfast offered almost everything you could want: burritos, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, jelly rolls, waffles, cereals, coffee, and juices. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in the area and I will certainly recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benbrook
Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Homewood Suites Fort Worth West at Cityview
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth Southwest
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - City View

Been to Days Inn Benbrook Fort Worth Area? Share your experiences!